I got "roofied" at a club

Status
Not open for further replies.

shhhh

As the title says, I believe I was roofied at a 'gentlemans' club. All of my cash was stolen and $2,000+ charges made from multiple credit cards. If there is video of me I am probably passed out. I woke up around 6am and the club gave me a ride to hotel. Isnt it the bouncers duty to call a cab or just kick me out before a situation escalades like it did? There are some crazy charges on my accounts like a $225 wire transfer, plus all cards were charged until they went into fraud mode. I agree to pay $500, and chargeback the rest. Any experience in a case like this? Thanks.

Edit: there was also some pending charges from the club that just disappeared a day after i filed chargeback. No dispute from vendor. The amount of a particular charge in question was 3 dollars and it was the last charge of the night. This place does not sell anything whatsoever for that price, and It was not a tip, as far as I know. I was in the vip and whatever was in my drink knocked me out. Phone was dead so i was not getting fraud alerts, plus I was drugged so it is hard to decipher what really happened.

I think the club must have some incriminating evidence on video, or maybe deleted video. I say this because they are being compliant and not hassling me whatsoever. I paid for time in a 'vip' booth and somehow I never left and all of my money was charged to the club, atms, wire transfer, etc.. Thats why I left about $500 undisputed, i just want a fair resolution.

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing your story. When you have a legal question, be sure to let us know.

And what have the police told you? You DID report the drugging and theft to the police, right?

And, no, the "bouncer" doesn't have a duty to protect you from yourself. But, feel free to spend thousands of dollars on an attorney to try and prove they had liability.

As the title says, I believe I was roofied at a 'gentlemans' club. All of my cash was stolen and $2,000+ charges made from multiple credit cards. If there is video of me I am probably passed out. I woke up around 6am and the club gave me a ride to hotel. Isnt it the bouncers duty to call a cab or just kick me out before a situation escalades like it did? There are some crazy charges on my accounts like a $225 wire transfer, plus all cards were charged until they went into fraud mode. I agree to pay $500, and chargeback the rest. Any experience in a case like this? Thanks.

Edit: there was also some pending charges from the club that just disappeared a day after i filed chargeback. No dispute from vendor. The amount of a particular charge in question was 3 dollars and it was the last charge of the night. This place does not sell anything whatsoever for that price, and It was not a tip, as far as I know. I was in the vip and whatever was in my drink knocked me out. Phone was dead so i was not getting fraud alerts, plus I was drugged so it is hard to decipher what really happened.

I think the club must have some incriminating evidence on video, or maybe deleted video. I say this because they are being compliant and not hassling me whatsoever. I paid for time in a 'vip' booth and somehow I never left and all of my money was charged to the club, atms, wire transfer, etc.. Thats why I left about $500 undisputed, i just want a fair resolution.

Oh my goodness, shhh.

Brother, that's one of the saddest stories I've ever read.
Its also one of the best stories I've ever read.

I've never been to one of those clubs, but I have seen the Chris Rock comedy bit about the "champagne room". LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9yBPcn8IqU

So far, you've done everything correctly (starting yesterday morning, to be precise), except two very important details.

You need to file a police report and see if blood testing will reveal what those critters used to "roofy" you with, bro.
With any luck, you'll see the critter(s) who took you for that bad "trip".

The police can then secure the video to see who "roofied" (I love that word) YOU, dude.
I'm sure you'll see one of those critters who shake, rattle, twerk the night away taking you for a baby prince's fortune.

Let us know what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back