I can't get a tag,because the previous owner didnt pay some taxes

Shelia

Jurisdiction
Georgia
April 22,i bought a car found on craigs list,1300$ nissan maxima.We went a few countys away,met a lady @an aprt.complex exchanged cash for title,everything looked fine we came home.Theres a dealership tag on it that expired june 6..and since iv recieved a ticket..my fiance recieved a ticket,twice and now sitn in jail,which leaves me w/nothing no one,and about to loose my job.Tag office wont let us pay the tax,&told me i had to find the lady i bought it from that wont return my calls..what do i do

April 22,i bought a car found on craigs list,1300$ nissan maxima.We went a few countys away,met a lady @an aprt.complex exchanged cash for title,everything looked fine we came home.Theres a dealership tag on it that expired june 6..and since iv recieved a ticket..my fiance recieved a ticket,twice and now sitn in jail,which leaves me w/nothing no one,and about to loose my job.Tag office wont let us pay the tax,&told me i had to find the lady i bought it from that wont return my calls..what do i do
She also sighned my title as a car dealership,that also refuses to respond.

Never, ever buy anything on Craigslist. Especially a car.

I guess you track down that lady you bought the car from...why would you keep driving it if the temporary tag was expired? Why would even buy with an expired tag?

If you can't find her you can ask the DMV about going through the bond process. You may be able to find her through the dealership that issued the temporary tag. When you say she signed as a dealership, that makes me wonder if she may have stolen the car from that dealership.
You should probably check in with them.

All the numbers are good on the car..and the car had a temporary dealership (same dealership she signed on my title)that she said she worked for...and ma'mn,im a single white female,-both parents are dead, &- very lil family,none that can afford to get me to and from work each day..i ain't about walking, when i just saved all my money, to buy a car. Thank u all for your help on this..surely i didn't just give it all away for a car i cant even drive...but that'd just be my luck.

Sigh, Craigslist is a very evil place filled mostly with scammers looking for suckers.

Read Craigslist but never meet anyone, contact anyone, or buy anything you read about on Craigslist.

Dealerships do not sell cars on Craigslist and meet people at an apartment complex to make delivery. You really need to either talk to the dealership or maybe talk to the police and tell them you suspect the vehicle was stolen.

Hopefully iv found a ride to try and find her..i called the police out here today in my county,& had the car chkd,and a report on her..the officer that came out here said she did not understand too,why i cant get my tag -on my car-when i have proof i bought the car with title in hand..something about a ga.law sayin if i bought the car as a buyer and she sighned it as a seller,-that cars mine, and i should be able to get my tag-even if it was to be stolen...still goin in circles here :(

How that's relevant I can't even begin to guess.
White or black..im female..its not as easy out there for a female as it is a male..9 times out of 10,we aren't taken seriously,and speaking for myself here-don't know wtf we doin when buying a car...not to mention haveing to walk everywhere i went,may not mean much to u but scares the s#!% out of me.thats all

Yeah no shit,- you would be the perfect example,for my answer -to your last comment.
..&just so you know, it was my first time buying ANYTHING from the internet,and my last,i saved for a long time to come up with that 1300$.. It's eating me up that i can't do anything with my car. And obviously,unlike yourself, i make mistakes,this being one of the biggest,also cuts the deepest..no need to be such an a$$

Back