I am trying to figure out exactly what is supposed to be provided for a minor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mominneedofhelp

What rights does a child under the age of 18 have in the state of Texas? What exactly does a parent or guardian have to provide for this child.

The reason for this question is because I have an unruly son who thinks he can do whatever he wants and that anything that is in his room he legally owns it.

If a 13yr old child buys something with money that was given to him for his birthday and he buys something does he legally own that item or does the parent own that item until he is 18.

I would love to be able to find a list that states exactly what rights minors in texas have, if you know of any resources you could send my way that would be great.

The child owns nothing, regardless of where the money came from.
Anything the child has belongs to the child parents. If the child has something that belongs to another person then that person may claim the item from the parents.

You may go in your child's room and take whatever you want whenever you want.

What rights does a child under the age of 18 have in the state of Texas? What exactly does a parent or guardian have to provide for this child.

The reason for this question is because I have an unruly son who thinks he can do whatever he wants and that anything that is in his room he legally owns it.

If a 13yr old child buys something with money that was given to him for his birthday and he buys something does he legally own that item or does the parent own that item until he is 18.

I would love to be able to find a list that states exactly what rights minors in texas have, if you know of any resources you could send my way that would be great.

If the child is unruly, quarrelsome, or disobedient; a parent can petition the juvenile court to address the child's misbehavior.

I suggest you start by speaking with your local police or sheriff's office for guidance.

You can also speak to DCFS.

This will detail EVERYTHING about juveniles and justice in Texas.

I suggest you start on page 8, that seems to be where your problem lies.

https://www.oag.state.tx.us/AG_Publications/pdfs/juvenile_justice.pdf

The entire 40 plus page pamphlet is quite informative.

Why not have Junior read it, and you then lay down YOUR law to his little, dumb arse????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back