I Am Disabled Case Review Coming Up, I Host A Religious Club/Blog

My name is David Robert Quigley

I Live In Arizona USA

I am having a bit of a panic attack and I would appreciate some legal advice and help.

I am a disabled citizen, I have been schizophrenic my whole life and I have been on disability for about 6-7 years.

I have been in the hospital many times for my mental health and I have stayed at 3 different Board and cares, sometime for more than a year at a time.

I tried to commit suicide years ago by eating rocks.

A year or two ago my mental health doctor gave me a signed letter I forwarded to social security stating I am permanently disabled.

They want to review my case on the 28th of this month and I have a concern.

I host a churchy type blog called "We Love The Oldest Parents"

The websites blog address is
www.welovetheoldestparents.com

It is a classy looking blog and its taken me over a year to put it together.

I did the majority of it from my bed on my smartphone.

I used stimulus check and birthday allowance funds in the paying of it.

I have gotten a sense they may try and argue I can work because of my blog.

However my comprehension is the constitution allows me to both be disabled and still participate religiously.

My schizophrenia prevents me working, it makes it impossible.

Not only would I be a liability to any company I would be working for but my own health would be at risk.

Will you please offer me advice, I dont want to quit being religious but I also am honestly very disabled and need my social security.

For a specific question I have, does the law guarantee my right to my social security and my freedom to participate religiously, even though disabled.

Also if you have any suggested either nonprofit or backpay payable attorneys for my case I am open to suggestion, I am poor and cannot pay the standard way so a free non profit or a attorney that will take a portion of the backpay could possibly be of help

Thank you and have a great night, much love.

However my comprehension is the constitution allows me to both be disabled and still participate religiously.

Your issue is not a constitutional one. Sure, nothing in the law prevents a disabled person from practicing his/her religion. But that's not the issue you have here. You are receiving government benefits based on certain criteria set in the law, namely that you are too disabled to engage in any substantial gainful activity (SGA). If the Social Security Administration (SSA) determines that you are able to engage in SGA then you may end up losing your benefits. This is a gross simplification of it, but if the SSA finds you are regularly engaged in an activity that you could be paid to do, like web site design, for example, then it is likely to say that you are engaged in SGA. The fact that you set up the site for religious activity does not shield you from a SGA determination. You could have done the same thing for a site about puppies, baking, hardware, or whatever.

That does not mean that it is automatic that the SSA will determine you can engage in SGA and cut off your benefits here. You have to be able to work consistently enough that someone would hire you to do this kind of work. For example, if you had to take a very long time to build the site because you could only do small bits at a time, that may help establish that you can't engage in SGA.

I suggest you search for organizations in your area that assist and advocate for disabled persons, especially those familiar with mental disabilities, for advice and help.

Your issue is not a constitutional one. Sure, nothing in the law prevents a disabled person from practicing his/her religion. But that's not the issue you have here. You are receiving government benefits based on certain criteria set in the law, namely that you are too disabled to engage in any substantial gainful activity (SGA). If the Social Security Administration (SSA) determines that you are able to engage in SGA then you may end up losing your benefits. This is a gross simplification of it, but if the SSA finds you are regularly engaged in an activity that you could be paid to do, like web site design, for example, then it is likely to say that you are engaged in SGA. The fact that you set up the site for religious activity does not shield you from a SGA determination. You could have done the same thing for a site about puppies, baking, hardware, or whatever.

That does not mean that it is automatic that the SSA will determine you can engage in SGA and cut off your benefits here. You have to be able to work consistently enough that someone would hire you to do this kind of work. For example, if you had to take a very long time to build the site because you could only do small bits at a time, that may help establish that you can't engage in SGA.

I suggest you search for organizations in your area that assist and advocate for disabled persons, especially those familiar with mental disabilities, for advice and help.
Well there are quite a few limits mentally upon me due to my schizophrenia however a large reason is I am very worried I will be a liability to anyone I would work for

Because I am mentally ill I have reoccuring episodes of crazyness that are caused by the auditory and visual hallucinations

My basic worry is that even if I could get hired, I would unwantingly become ill in a crazy type mental condition and cause the company distress such as lack of credibility or troubles

I will be honest, as the unhealthy that I am currently, if I were to own a business, I would not want to hire me, its just too much of a risk to the companies success

Last edited:
I see potential problems.

Your website indicates you are online for 12 hours every 24 hours.

We Love The Oldest Parents

And you apparently write books that are available for purchase on the internet.

https://www.amazon.com/David-Robert-Quigley/e/B08KSS1G5C?ref=dbs_a_mng_rwt_scns_share

The SSA is very strict on awarding disability. You might have issues. I suggest you consult with a Social Security attorney immediately on how to address those issues. Social Security attorneys work on contingency, no up front fees, and are limited to the percentage of the award that they get.

If you get denied now, you could be looking at another year or two for an appeal.

Thank you for your help

I put the awake time early on in the sites making, I reedited it to display "random online time" which is currently more accurate

And there is a short story book series but it is currently available digitally for free, each book is about 8 pages long, once I finish the whole short story series I was going to make a compilation of them as a non profit paper back copy available on amazon so I could purchase it to have the paper copy, to give the paper copy as a religious offering to a church group

The goal of the short story book series is not meant to sell books, its meant to be a religious offering to a church as per "Exodus 30:14" of the bible and tanakh which says when I become an adult I must give a gift to the lord.

Fine, but it's not me that you have to convince.

The SSA might not see it like you see it.

And, realistically, your admitted mental health issues are likely to trip you up when you are interrogated by a government inquisitor. Just picture any defendant on TV that gets tripped up by an attorney during intense questioning. Real life is just like that.

Caution is the word for today. Talk to an attorney.

Back