Husband's girlfriend looses job and both blame wife

Status
Not open for further replies.

need_to_know

My husband and I are getting a collaborative divorce. He has been in an affair with his practice manager for 2 years. She is no longer working for him or his group and now he would like to blame me with this problem. The other doctors in his practice have split on how they would like to handle the fact that they have been lied to for the past 2 years. There are a few doctors that no longer want anything to do with my husband and others that don't want the group to change. Since he and his girlfriend are both imployeed by a practice management company the company chose to offer his girl friend a different position, but not allow her to stay with my husband's group. She did not take the position and is now unemplyeed. He is saying that it is because of what I have said to others about their affair. We have been seperated for 6 months. I have lived with this man for 12 years and in the last 2 years he has changed so much that I do not recognize him. His girlfriend attacked me at his parent's house and has told the doctors in his group that I was not inviting her to any gatherings because I thought she was after my husband. My husband has voiced concerns that he thinks that I disorders. The physicians in the group have been lead to believe this. But, now that the truth is out it is clear that what they were told was to coverup the affair.

Now my lawyer doesn't want me to say anything about his girlfriend because of thort laws that she lost her job because of me. The medical community is small and I have friends within it. I should be able to talk to my friends and have them to my house without the fear of being blamed with exposing my husband's infidelity. There is much more, of course, to this drama, however this is enough to get the feel for what imy concern are.

Has my husband and his girlfriend defamed my character by leading people to believe what is not true in order to cover themselves? I have not interfered with the ability for his girlfriend to keep her job. They disclosed to his group that they were in a "relationship" after we seperated. However, she is married and is not planning to divorce her husband due to insurance and financial reasons. This is clear to everyone that knows them. I am getting the blame for everything that is going wrong in my husband's life.

I don't expect to sue over this, but is there any other recourse to end the slander and defamation or is it part of the end of a marriage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back