husband's affair got me fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tysway

I was fired due to my "improper reaction" to my husbands affair. I made a phone call to his girlfriends home, trying to track him down, she has caller ID so I left a message & used one 4-letter word, otherwise nothing else. Both she & I were employed in the court system, I knew to be careful & I was. This was off hours, Christmas Day to be exact, anyway her son, a police officer gets a warrant for me for using the F word. Yes, I was wrong to say a "vulgar, obsence......word over the phone" in VA it's a Class 1 Misd. Because I was charged, NOT CONVICTED, I lost my job. She still has her job. I was told my behavior was inappropriate for a court employee.......what about her behavior? She's in charge of a Domestic Court & involved with my husband. No one wants to touch this......I've written letters to the Governor, other legislators, and all I get is the run around. I've taken a 20,000.00 pay cut! No benefits, I've depleted my savings, all over making a phone call. I NEVER threatened her, did nothing at work, we shared the same bathroom & kitchen area.....I went through torment, and now I'm still being punished. Is there any legal action I can take? My friends have written letters of complaint & more or less told to mind their business. She's in a public office, it is their business!!!!! It was my business, yet I wasn't allowed my right of freedom of speech! Thanks for any ideas

I'm curious to hear more. It is quite possible that you may be a victim of discrimination if all that happened is what you state. Usually it will require quite a bit more. Second, have you spoken to an attorney about your case? What did he/she say? Additionally, have you spoken to the press about this?

Go to EEOC and file a complaint

You have 300 days to file a complaint with the EEOC, I think they might be able to help you. Your EEOC office is listed in your phone directory, do wait, don't hesitate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back