Husband won't divorce.."till death do us part"

Status
Not open for further replies.

mzkat89

Married for 2yrs and have been separated 27 years. Husband has dated and now lives with another woman.. I have been dating since then also and I am currently dating someone now. husband refuses to sign papers, says the judge said "till death do us part" so it will only happen when one of us passes away...(that wasn't a threat..he was just going by the vows). I really want to get him out of my life for good after 27 yrs and want to know if i can do it without him? We both live in the state of Georgia

Last edited:
If he's living with another woman, then you have grounds for divorce and you shouldn't need his approval for the divorce. I believe the judge can grant the divorce without his signature. Go ahead and file the papers.

File the papers and, if he does not show up for court on the scheduled court date, your divorce will be granted in absentia. Good luck to you and much happiness in your future!

I agree, file the papers !!! Goodness sakes, 27 years? In Georgia you can file for a default divorce, which this would be considered since he won't sign the papers. Man, that is strange !!!
Look over Georgia's state laws, I found a state laws site that provides the information on Georgia's specifics about divorce and such. Its from "document do it yourself" website under their FAQ page. I think it will help you, that's where I found out about the default divorce option.
Don't let him stop you, you've waited long enough. There is nothing he can do, from what I read, to stop this divorce.

You should repost in your own thread, and include the name of your state. Many states have online self help which you can google yourself if you like.

Hey andrewjoselin,
Do not worry. I think a right choice of an attorney will help you if you have the budget! I am not sarcastic but my friend lost his savings just to get divorced. There are many things to review before hiring an attorney. Like, look out for a friend or relative who have been divorced and ask for their recommendation. My friend got divorced but he was smart enough to seek the help from the website nobsdivorceguide. Well if he can do it I think there is a possibility.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back