Arraignment, Bail, Bonds, Pretrial Husband got the max on a 12 year old misdemeanor bench warrant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shelliehooper

My husband was aressted on 03/17/11 on a misdemeanor bench warrant that was issued in 1999. He was asked if he wanted a lawyer, but he was unclear on what charge he was aressted on and what the consequences could be so he turned it down. He was arraigned the following day. The judge gave him 90 days with 3 days time served. This came at a bad as I was scheduled to be induced the following Monday. Now he is locked up and I am not able to work until sometime in May. We have 4 kids at home and no income. Is it too late to get the court appointed attorney? We need to try to get the sentenced reduced so he can find work before we end up out on the street.

You can try to get the court appointed attorney. I suspect it is too late. But, there is no harm in trying!

Apparently he pled guilty. I can't imagine why he would do that if he didn't know what the charges were. He probably knows more about it then he has let on.

And if his plea was guilty then its very unlikely he will get that overturned. Sorry for your situation and good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back