HR software recommendations?

MeliMoore

Jurisdiction
Wisconsin
Hi everyone! I have been looking at HR software (SaaS, preferably). Was wondering if anyone had any recommendations. There are a tremendous amount of options available. I have been looking into Kronos, BambooHR, Ascentis, and Workday.

I have don't need payroll or timekeeping functionality. (I work in the Accounting industry so those are covered with our billing systems) We have about 100 employees firm-wide.

Benefits administration, talent management, performance management, and an ATS systems are features that I would like to see.

If anyone has any suggestions of cost-effective HRIS systems that I should look into while I am shopping around, please let me know. I'd appreciate the insight. :)

This is not a "legal" issue that can be covered here. I suggest you google each of the systems followed alternatively by the words "reviews" and then "complaints."

If you are still undecided you might invite the purveyors of those systems to examine your needs, make recommendations.

Maybe some of the HR/benefits people here on the forum will have some suggestions for you as to what they use, like etc. You can "hold" & see if any come along with suggestions.

For the record, some years ago I was moderator for a board where HR folk could bounce questions off each other. When the sponsor of that board found it necessary to shut down, Michael very kindly opened the HR forum of this board so that we could continue it here. Since I recognize the OP, I know that she is here in that capacity. I would like to politely request that when you see a question in the HR forum such as the one above, if you don't think it appropriate you simply leave it alone and let us displaced HR-ers deal with it. Thank you.

Meli, we use PeopleSoft, which I like very much, but I don't know how affordable it is.

Hi everyone! I have been looking at HR software (SaaS, preferably). Was wondering if anyone had any recommendations. There are a tremendous amount of options available. I have been looking into Kronos, BambooHR, Ascentis, and Workday.

I have don't need payroll or timekeeping functionality. (I work in the Accounting industry so those are covered with our billing systems) We have about 100 employees firm-wide.

Benefits administration, talent management, performance management, and an ATS systems are features that I would like to see.

If anyone has any suggestions of cost-effective HRIS systems that I should look into while I am shopping around, please let me know. I'd appreciate the insight. :)

There are a great many good HR packages for employer organizations of all sizes.
The best of breed HR software providers won't hesitate to visit with you, demonstrate their software, ask questions about your organization, your needs, and price point.

The better ones will offer to set up a conference room pilot for you to touch and feel and truly test the vendor's claims.

For the record, some years ago I was moderator for a board where HR folk could bounce questions off each other. When the sponsor of that board found it necessary to shut down, Michael very kindly opened the HR forum of this board so that we could continue it here. Since I recognize the OP, I know that she is here in that capacity. I would like to politely request that when you see a question in the HR forum such as the one above, if you don't think it appropriate you simply leave it alone and let us displaced HR-ers deal with it. Thank you.

Meli, we use PeopleSoft, which I like very much, but I don't know how affordable it is.

I recognized the OP also - that is why I said to wait for a HR/benefits person to come along.

Thanks, CBG. I will check them out. Is the MH thread a more appropriate place for questions like this?

Last edited:
Not in my mind, though you certainly could do it that way. This is exactly the sort of thing we had the old board for, and it was what I had in mind when I asked Michael (the owner) for forum space here.

We just need Certain Boys (naming no names, AJ) to keep their fingers out of the HR pie. :D

Not in my mind, though you certainly could do it that way. This is exactly the sort of thing we had the old board for, and it was what I had in mind when I asked Michael (the owner) for forum space here.

We just need Certain Boys (naming no names, AJ) to keep their fingers out of the HR pie. :D

I ain't done did nuttin'!!! LOL

Back