How to recover deleted text messages

Status
Not open for further replies.
The messages are to actually needed to save a marriage to prove that something *didn't* take place.

Another forum? I do apologize if I have double posted somewhere. I have been looking for assistance with this for a good long time, and it is possible that I have visited the same place more than once.

But the reason is to speak to different people and get different opinions - and it paid off here as I have confirmation from one of your posters, Army Judge, that the messages are indeed kept for some time. It is simply a question of how to obtain them.

You all have been most helpful - I will start with the suggestions to search the device itself, then move on from there.

Thank you.

The text messages can be obtained, as AT&T does retain them for quite some time.
Even with a court order, the process takes time.
I've issued a couple orders for murder, sexual assault, and child sexual assault cases; and they take anywhere from six to eight weeks, give or take, to come back.

There are certain apps that permanently destroy the messages much like Mrs. Clinton destroyed her emails.

He says right there - "text messages can be obtained, as AT&T does retain them for quite some time."

But the link that he posted says: According to the Department of Justice, as of 2010, AT&T does not retain the content of text messages.

He says right there - "text messages can be obtained, as AT&T does retain them for quite some time."

Let's put it this way, for the purposes you're trying to get the messages, they might be gone relying on AT&T.

You're lucky because Apple has a unique messaging system.

Rather than worry about the messages, why not just tell the other person you'll take a polygraph test to prove your honesty!

You can probably get a polygraph easily in your county (or a nearby county) for a very reasonable rate.

Better yet, contact this guy:
Maury Show - Be a Guest
CALL 1-888-456-2879
maury@crazybrain.org

You'll get pre-paid expenses for a round trip airline ticket, hotel, food allowance, clothing allowance to buy clothing for the show, a meal allowance, an appearance fee for being on the show, you can also take a guest, and the polygraph.

You'll also get to be a TV star for the day.

sometimes it is very hard to prove that something DIDN"T happen. Obviously you have some type of text from someone stating it didn't -- can't you go back to them and get them to state it again? Trust, once broken is VERY hard to recover from the other person you are trying to prove something to....even if you have text messages, they may still choose not to believe you. Anyone can deny anything.... and anyone can say one thing in a message that is untrue and still turn around and do whatever they denied.... (especially if this is not a "first time")

sorry you are going through this no matter which side you are on.... but I can guarantee you the the messages are a symptom, not a diagnosis and won't fix the underlying problem-- you are focusing on the wrong thing(s).... I strongly suggest some marriage counseling... focus your energy where it can help

there is also the possibility of retrieving the messages from the device they were sent to... If access is available.

Again, that you all so very much for your help. I have offered to take a poly, I have asked multiple times for the person that sent the messages to be spoken to. Both ideas were laughed at. Apparently the believe is a polygraph can be beaten easily, and the other person will lie.

I would love nothing more than to focus on fixing the underlying issues, but repeatedly I have been told the *only* thing that will make my words believable are the text messages that prove the conversation took place.

I am having the device looked at by a local repair shop. At the time the phone was smashed it still worked even though the screen was busted. Someone attempted to put in a new front and back glass and broke some small wires on the inside, but I still have the logicboard. I am hoping that maybe the messages have not been overwritten since they were deleted, but I fear that because I often go "no more space" messages on this device they may be gone. All I can do is try.

Again, I really do appreciate all of your advice and thoughts.

If the marriage is in such bad shape that the only thing that will make your words believable to the other party is showing the text messages, I wonder whether proving you were right is going to be enough to save it. Sounds to me like that's going to take a lot of really hard work on both party's part, and it sounds as if you're the only one who's willing to put in the effort. Don't know either of you, of course, but if the marriage is balanced on "I won't believe you unless you show me the texts", that doesn't sound as if even showing them the texts will be enough to make them say, "Oh, okay, in that case let's go forward happily together". I'm NOT trying to be hurtful or sarcastic here, but I really do see an issue that won't easily be solved by proving text messages existed.

I understand what you are saying, and at times I have thought the same thing as well. But, I really do want to make things better if possible. I want to do everything in my power to show I am making an effort. Even if I *cant* get the messages, perhaps showing that I am willing to put forth an effort to get them will mean something.

I understand what you are saying, and at times I have thought the same thing as well. But, I really do want to make things better if possible. I want to do everything in my power to show I am making an effort. Even if I *cant* get the messages, perhaps showing that I am willing to put forth an effort to get them will mean something.

You CAN take a polygraph test.

He CAN write the questions.

The licensed polygrapher will support your truthfulness.

Forget the lousy messages, take a polygraph test today, have peace in your home tonight!

You CAN take a polygraph test.

He CAN write the questions.

The licensed polygrapher will support your truthfulness.

Forget the lousy messages, take a polygraph test today, have peace in your home tonight!

I can just go take the test I guess. He said it was a waste of time because anyone could fool the test if they simply knew how to control themselves and stay calm. I have never taken one, so I don't know.

I was hesitant to spend $500 (the going rate in my area) on something he would not accept as "proof"

I can just go take the test I guess. He said it was a waste of time because anyone could fool the test if they simply knew how to control themselves and stay calm. I have never taken one, so I don't know.

I was hesitant to spend $500 (the going rate in my area) on something he would not accept as "proof"

If he thinks that, see a divorce lawyer.
He's unreasonable.
My goodness, why would you wish to look at the manipulating, controlling, cuss; much less remain married to him?

Divorce the man, bring peace to your world, enough isn't enough for some people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back