How to Get Guardianship/Custody of a Minor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nmillard

My mom has told me that she wants me to have guardianship/custody of my two younger sisters (ages: 15 and 10) because of her health declining. I'm currently serving in the US Air Force along with my husband. I do have older siblings, but they do have a family of their own. Would it be possible to adopt my sisters and if so how do I go about and do that since I'm in the military?

You must hire a family law attorney to discuss your options.

This is not a DIY.

Leave it to a lawyer to tell you that you need an attorney. What a bunch of bull. Don't ever go to a lawyer unless it is your absolute last option. No lawyer will ever help you or care about your situation. They all just want money and couldn't care less about the quality of service you receive because they get paid either way. Make sure you do tons of personal research and never rely on a lawyer to tell you the truth. Most times they tell you the most nightmarish stories to keep you in fear and retain their services. There's a reason why there a million lawyer jokes; they're all true.

I have not talked to a lawyer yet, but I just need to know how this would all work if I adopt my sisters.

I don't know how it would work out, but you must use a lawyer.

Adoption is not a DIY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back