Negligence, Other Injury How to file medical accident claim against nhs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like advice about making a medical accident claim because I am sure my injuries were caused because the surgeon that performed by operation used the wrong instruments, how do I start pursuing a claim for the compensation I believe I am entitled to? My injuries are quite significant and I still have difficulty using the like that was operated on, how much compensation will I receive if I am able to start making a compensation claim?

There is no way to asses your evidence and determine a potential offer. We evaluate issues, not guess at them(usually). You are best served by consultation with a local malpractice lawyer.

You will need to discuss this with a medical malpractice attorney/solicitor in your area - take copies of your medical records with you.

I would like advice about making a medical accident claim because I am sure my injuries were caused because the surgeon that performed by operation used the wrong instruments, how do I start pursuing a claim for the compensation I believe I am entitled to? My injuries are quite significant and I still have difficulty using the like that was operated on, how much compensation will I receive if I am able to start making a compensation claim?

In the UK, it is not impossible to sue your NHS.

I've read about many attempts, very few real successes.

In fact, the NHS advises citizens just how to complain about a situation, and even admins he's them to speak to a solicitor.

God, I love your Queen, what a model of a sophisticated, charming, leader.
Sorry, I digress, because your Queen, and the beloved, belated Queen Mum, too; were great symbols of royalty.

Anyway, I suggest you speak with a few local solicitors, and discuss your options.

The NHS does have a website.

You Brits, I do like you, I do.

I'd move their but for three things: NHS, taxes, weather, LOL.

The NHS discusses this very topic, and advises how to lodge such complaints, and initiate legal action.

This is their site:

http://www.nhs.uk/choiceintheNHS/Rightsandpledges/complaints/Pages/otheroptions.aspx

All in all, I found it to be a very interesting read, enjoy and educate yourself.

Last edited:
I don't believe it will help one iota. The 111 number is not an advice line.

Medical professionals owe their patients a 'duty of care', which means that they are responsible for providing an acceptable level of care to the patient. Medical negligence is a professional negligence by act or omission on the part of a healthcare provider whereby they have breached their duty of care towards the patient and their actions have caused injury or death.

Consider this a friendly warning. Unless you know the law where the OP is, it's better that you don't post at all.

I assure you that UK laws are NOT the same as US laws.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back