how to fight against loosing parental rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

kadybug

my daughters ex husband is trying to take away her parental rights. I have looked every where for forms to file to fight this but no luck.My daughter is in jail at this time but has been convicted of nothing as yet.

She needs an attorney, not her mother taking care of this for her.

my daughters ex husband is trying to take away her parental rights. I have looked every where for forms to file to fight this but no luck.My daughter is in jail at this time but has been convicted of nothing as yet.

She can't parent while in jail.
The father isn't trying to do anything except insure a continuity of care and parenting for his children, too.
I commend the man for trying to do what is best for the children.

If Mom is in jail, how can she possibly have custody of and care for the kids?? Not to mention whatever behavior led her to be in jail in the first place is not a shining example for the kids. The DOC isn't going to let the kids bunk with her in her cell so the logical step would be for the other parent to take them. I'm not sure why you would question this.

Someone has to take care of the child/children while she is in jail. When she gets out of jail, she can talk to a lawyer if ex-husband is trying to take away her parental rights. Any change of parental rights would have to be done through the court system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back