Eviction Notice How To Evict An Abusive Tenant

Mathew Hair

Jurisdiction
Oklahoma
How to evict a physically abusive tenant?

My grandmother owns a house in Oklahoma where I live with both my mother and her abusive boyfriend. I'm her (my grandmother's) grandson and I could use some advice. She is elderly and unable to do a lot of things and my mother and her boyfriend are both alcoholics. I am seeking some advice on the situation if possible.

The boyfriend moved in back in Decemeber of 2018, but my grandmother never created a lease because my mother trusted him and he hadn't previously been abusive (as far as I know).

He is now, but the police say they can't arrest him unless she has cuts or bruises.

We went to the courthouse and got paperwork for a Notice To Quit and Eviction papers. My mother spoke to a court clerk awhile back who said that if the boyfriend receives mail at the property, which he does, that there is no need for a lease agreement. Is this true?

If not, do we need an attorney to help draw up a lease agreement?

Also do we need an attorney for either the Notice To Quit or the eviction notice?

Any other advice that may help to expedite the process would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

How to evict a physically abusive tenant?

My grandmother owns a house in Oklahoma where I live with both my mother and her abusive boyfriend. I'm her (my grandmother's) grandson and I could use some advice. She is elderly and unable to do a lot of things and my mother and her boyfriend are both alcoholics. I am seeking some advice on the situation if possible.

The boyfriend moved in back in Decemeber of 2018, but my grandmother never created a lease because my mother trusted him and he hadn't previously been abusive (as far as I know).

He is now, but the police say they can't arrest him unless she has cuts or bruises.

We went to the courthouse and got paperwork for a Notice To Quit and Eviction papers. My mother spoke to a court clerk awhile back who said that if the boyfriend receives mail at the property, which he does, that there is no need for a lease agreement. Is this true?

If not, do we need an attorney to help draw up a lease agreement?

Also do we need an attorney for either the Notice To Quit or the eviction notice?

Any other advice that may help to expedite the process would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
These were very good answers to your question:

How To Evict a Physically Abusive Tenant

Back