how to counter sue

Status
Not open for further replies.

erica676

I moved into a apt on july 29 with oral agreement to pay 150 that day and was gonna have the rest of month to pay the other 300 and starting sept 1 I would pay 225 biweekly for rent which included all utilities.so on the 10 I paid another 150 and was gonna pay the other150 on 24th but then all the sudden he needed it all right then he started harassing me and gave me a vacate notice on the 11th.i then told him if he gave me something in writing I would go ahead and give him other 150 on the 12th no such luck so I offered again on the 14th no reply then on the 16 get eviction papers,he turns my power off turned my hot water off and has been harassing me everyday I have two witnesses that were there when agreement was made and texts msg from him saying he did say I could pay biweekly but now after being there only 17 days iam being evicted what do I do

You attend the eviction hearing in court, tell your story to the judge. Bring the proof you say you have to show the judge. Bring the witnesses who can tell what they know to support your story.

It's now in the hands of the court.

Also bring the money you are alleged to still owe the landlord.

The judge might allow you to pay the landlord in FULL, not in promises, and you might not have to be evicted.

You don't want an eviction on your record.

In the future, never rent anywhere without a signed lease. Don't move in unless you can pay in full.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
Also keep track of your expenses. Any expense you have as a result of power/water shutoff etc can be recovered from the landlord.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back