How to add husband to deed

Status
Not open for further replies.

confusedinala

I bought a house from my niece. My husband was out of state at the time. I placed the property in my name, and had it recorded at the court house in my name. The deed is in my name alone. How do I add my husband to the deed. Also must I have it recorded again with my husband being added.

You can talk to a local title company or a real estate lawyer about adding him to the deed. You could do a will with the property going to him. Talk to a lawyer about that.

I bought a house from my niece. My husband was out of state at the time. I placed the property in my name, and had it recorded at the court house in my name. The deed is in my name alone. How do I add my husband to the deed. Also must I have it recorded again with my husband being added.

Easy, buy a quit claim deed form (or a warranty deed form) online or at any office supply store. It'll cost you about $10 to $25, maybe more in some cases, usually no more than $50.

Fill it out, self explanatory, get it notarized, and record it, again. Of course, the county will want a few more bucks, for NOTHING.

Once you do that, he's officially a tenant in common with rights of survivorship.

Go to legalzoom.com they have the forms, they explain differences in forms, and you can fill them out online, any for them, ring them, get them notarized and recorded.

I have no financial relationship with legalzoom.com except I do know a couple of the owners (lawyers).

Or, find your own site online. There are at least six or seven good ones.

Now, if you don't comprehend this, I suggest you hire an attorney to assist you.
That runs around $500.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back