how long

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdaddy

After being divorced for 7 years my exwife has been using credit cards under my name. And has accumulated approximately $7000.00
in debt.The card companies are harrassing me to pay these debts.Will I be
held responsible for thes bogus charge cards? I live inAlabama.

If you never closed the credit cards and you are signed on the original contract, Yes you are responsible for the debt as well. Revolving lines of credit (Credit Cards) can go on for ever--- unless they are closed. You may want to at least tell the credit card company to close the account so your ex can not run up any more debt.

Adding to the previous posting, you should also consider taking your ex-wife to small claims court to recoup at least some of the $7,000 that she has spent on your credit cards. Make sure you have solid evidence that she was the one who ran up the bills. Good Luck!

Adding to the previous posting, you should also consider taking your ex-wife to small claims court to recoup at least some of the $7,000 that she has spent on your credit cards. Make sure you have solid evidence that she was the one who ran up the bills. Good Luck!

Ah!

And our poster will say, "Judge, I allowed her to use the credit cards but I want my money back!"

The judge will say, "And why is that?"

Then our poster should say: [please enlighten us].

Since the poster did state that charges were bogus, the burden of proof falls on him to provide evidence that he didn't allow her to use the credit cards and that he would like to be refunded for the money she spent.

Since the poster did state that charges were bogus, the burden of proof falls on him to provide evidence that he didn't allow her to use the credit cards and that he would like to be refunded for the money she spent.

I suspect (but do not know) that the word "bogus" used by our poster is in the current slang meaning "I don't like it" rather than the traditional definition meaning "fake or false".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back