How long should this be taking?

J

Just Wondering

Jurisdiction
California
Hi hoping someone can help me. I am currently in the process of getting divorced, and we have been doing it ourselves. There have been numerous times when we have had to resubmit paperwork, pushing the divorce back. My question is - I had to resubmit the final paperwork (it was missing the date on one page) at the end of December 2016. Does this mean that I have to wait another 6 months to be divorced, or is it just when the final packet gets reviewed by a judge, which I guess depends on how busy they are?

I would like to at least have an idea of when I could expect this divorce to be finalised and any insight would be super helpful.

Hi hoping someone can help me. I am currently in the process of getting divorced, and we have been doing it ourselves. There have been numerous times when we have had to resubmit paperwork, pushing the divorce back. My question is - I had to resubmit the final paperwork (it was missing the date on one page) at the end of December 2016. Does this mean that I have to wait another 6 months to be divorced, or is it just when the final packet gets reviewed by a judge, which I guess depends on how busy they are?

I would like to at least have an idea of when I could expect this divorce to be finalised and any insight would be super helpful.

If the paperwork is correct, you could be divorced within 30 days.

However, each delay adds time.

At this point, its hard to say.

It also depends on whether you live in LA County, or the least populous county in CA, Alpine.
Alpine County has fewer than 1,200 residents.

Back