How Long Is Too Long?

acvegasUSA

Jurisdiction
Nevada
(Nevada Federal Case)

It's been over three weeks now (almost a month) since my friend who originally pleaded guilty and decided to accept a plea on a Federal Real Estate Criminal Case (Felony) was dismissed by a Federal Judge due to – too many delays and postponement's by the prosecutor. But two weeks after the dismissal the prosecutors decided to reopen the same case but have not filed for new court date as of yet. My friend is still wearing the GPS Monitoring Ankle Bracelet until this case is finally resolved that he has been wearing continuously for two years (as required by Pre-Trial). How many days (or months) do the prosecutor have to set/reschedule a new court date before the grace period runs out?

Last edited:
(Nevada Federal Case)

It's been over three weeks now (almost a month) since my friend who originally pleaded guilty and decided to accept a plea on a Federal Real Estate Criminal Case (Felony) was dismissed by a Federal Judge due to – too many delays and postponement's by the prosecutor. But two weeks after the dismissal the prosecutors decided to reopen the same case but have not filed for new court date as of yet. My friend is still wearing the GPS Monitoring Ankle Bracelet until this case is finally resolved that he has been wearing continuously for two years (as required by Pre-Trial). How many days (or months) do the prosecutor have to set/reschedule a new court date before the grace period runs out?

If a case is dismissed without prejudice, the charge can be levied again until it is extinguished by the SOL.

The SOL won't toll while the case(s) are pending.

Your friend shouldn't be seeking FREE advice for a felony in federal court.

You need to tell your pal to be patient, stay out of trouble, and keep his yapper closed.

All criminal defendants should ONLY be discussing any aspect of their case ONLY with his or her lawyer!

Back