How long does it take to get resolved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyBoy

I have had this company who filed a suit against me for about $3,000 10 months ago and I have been to court over and over for it and all that ever happens is it gets moved to next month. It's hard to keep going when for no reason plus I get docked at work.

So if this company doesn't have any evidence how come this case just keeps going on and how can I get it to stop.

Can they just keep this hanging over you forever? Is it because of the attorney or the judge or both?

This is stressing me out big time.

They want you not to come to court.

If you fail to show, they get a default judgment against you.

They win.

They do this because they have no case against you, or a very weak case!!!

This will continue until they give up, or you make your move.

You could ask for the case against you to be dismissed.

Your reason would be failure to show a proper cause if action and too many continuances. This constitutes nuisance.

You do have one play you can make.

Thats what so frustrating how many times can they keep this up?
I go an nothin happens
they just say come back next month over and over again

But anyway thanks for answering I think this is never going to go away I'm going to lose my job if I keep havin to go there.

But thank you for trying to help.

Oh I didn't see you said I have one option to try. So do I put this in writing or I can just say it next time we are in court which is comin up this week again.

Last edited:
Isn't there some kind of rule or law that says people can't just do this to you.

And I am not tryin to get out of nothing I do not have this account they say I have

and they say that now they are collecting because of an assignment to them all rights and like that.

This seem like a giant scam to me and I thought everbody says the courts are too back up

Maybe this why they back up if they waiting around for 9 or 10 months for this one case on me.

Coz if I loose my job then neither one of us is going to have any money but I swear I do not

know these people and I don't owe them money.

Things just keep piling up, I dunno.

Now I am more stressed than ever. I went back to court a few days ago and it seems to me something is not right.

There have been 3 different lawyers on this thing. I can't ever tell which one is going to show up in court and some
things they have done which seem not write to me I have said as much in papers filed. And after I have said I think
that a game is being played on me and that some of these people have done some not honest stuff that lawyer just
never comes back again and then I start over with a new one. And he didn't tell the truth and I said so and now he
is gone and since he didn't come to court there is no one to answer my questions.

Like how come it is that they tell lies over and over and are purposly trying to make it hard for me and alls that
happens is next time a new lawyer comes and guessing this last one is not part of the law firm who started out
on this but he signs his name and gives their address but that seemm to me to lie too.

Meanwhile nothing is being done to prove anything I just keep gettin jerked around.

Is this the way it goes for everybody? I dont know but somehow it sounds like I am gettin a bad deal because
maybe they think I'm not smart enough or something. And maybe I am not as smart but can they do that?

Yes I did say what like you said being a nuisance but nobody seems to even bother to answer. I know this would be better took care of by a lawyer of my own but I can't affor one so I'm doing best as I can.

Last edited:
Come on, buddy, you ask "can they do that?"

The answer is, they are doing it.

Just keep showing up or hire a lawyer.

When you fail to appear, presto, whammo, they get a default judgment against you.

I keep forgetting that lawyers don't have to stick to the law
I am getting a really bad attitude to the law for how they have hurt my family
I guess I am a little dumb to believe that court would be straight up

Thanks for your input my situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back