How eBay UK scams work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All

Boy am i glad i typed the guys address into yahoo before sending my £500 payment through money gram on saturday. Got this guy in Romania who is promising me 20 Samsung D500 for £1500, i am to send £500 first wait for the phones then send £1000 once im happy. Sounded ok to me and have been in contact with him since after christmas.

I have even spoken with him on the phone, his address isn't listed in the above posts nor his name, but the town he is in is. His details:

First Name : ALEODOR
Last Name : DAN
Adress : STR. REGELE CAROL
City : DRAGASANI
Zipp Code : 0900

Im taking that your advice to me would be not to send any money, although tempting as it maybe cos these phones go for £350 on ebay. Thats a large profit, but i suppose the old rule of "If its to good to be true, it probably is", couple that with all i have read on this thread, i think i am probably a bladdy idiot to send money, just so you all can say i told you so. LOL

What do i do???

Cheers All and sorry to hear of other peoples loses.

Danny

Hi

Sorry also forgot to mention had another guy using these details trying to out trade the other:

My name is Ian Mathias .
My adress is Strabestrasse 16 , Muchen , Germany .
Yes , it is correct .
Please start the transaction .
ALL MY BEST!

He wanted me to sign and start the transaction with www.er-escrow.net, which is supposed to be an afiliate of www.escrow.com. But after looking at the site and generally not feeling happy about it, decided to ask him to us escrow.com. but he refused quite rudely. His email address is x@conturi.ro

Hope this helps someone else

Danny

PS the other guys email on my thread above is : rop0por@yahoo.co.uk

Hello everyone! I found this site on yahoo as I was looking up someone that I may have been scammed by and saw the main title line "thelaw.com-How ebay UK scams work." Linked up, need more info., then registered. I read all the comments that have been posted here and found the name of the person that I was looking for. From what I have read from everyones comments it almost sounds like the samething that I went through. Basicly this is what happend...Buruleanu Mircea (scammers name) had a skin of Amazon.com and added that he/she was a third party person selling Sony Vaio K33-37 laptops for $800.00 USD with shipping included, emailed that person got response back from e-mail address: Alexutzu6@yahoo.com, e-mailed back and forth till I got sent an e-mail from Square Trade( supposedly Square Trade), which had enough information for me to think this was real, so I sent my money via Western Union money transfer, sent the information that was needed back to Square Trade at e-mail address: Squaretrade.invoice@consultant.com, then found out that, that e-mail address didn't work. I then e-mailed Square Trade on Saturday and am waiting for a response from them. The only way I found out that this was a scam was by looking up his/her name in yahoo then finding this webpage and seeing his/her name on this site. I got a lot of information from all of you guys which is very helpful, but with all the comments it's a little hard to follow. If anyone can help me with this situation or need more information about what happened or about this guy or knows how I can get my money back please reply in the forum. I would give my e-mail address but right now I am just a little sketchy about that. Thank you very much for reading my post and the information that has been posted.
P.S. I am sorry for this message being so long.

Hi

Sorry to hear of you loss, i actually bit the bullet and didn't send the money, and funny enough have heard nothing else from either of my guys. So a decision well made.

You can try the Net Police or the other police link given above in this thread. To be honest the local police will have probably had these types of complaints before so take all the information you have and go and make a case. It will take a while but you may get some results.

Best of luck to you.

Danny

There are SO many of these cases unfortunately. You should always report them to the police and to every party involved, even if you think you may never see the money. Hopefully it is just a matter of time before the jerk is caught.

dannywooly said:
Hi

Sorry to hear of you loss, i actually bit the bullet and didn't send the money, and funny enough have heard nothing else from either of my guys. So a decision well made.

You can try the Net Police or the other police link given above in this thread. To be honest the local police will have probably had these types of complaints before so take all the information you have and go and make a case. It will take a while but you may get some results.

Best of luck to you.

Danny

I have been scammed

I have been scammed by the guy whose mail is dudu_bot@yahoo.com.
He proposed me buying phones from him. As I was keen on the prices I agreed to buy it from him. I ordered 3 Nokia 9500 and have to pay via Western Union 1000$.
He proposed me the safe way by changing the full name on the name I can create by myself. After receiving phones I was to go to bank to change on his real so tha he could pick up the money.
However I sent him money and he took the funds.
I have no idea how he did this when there was not his name.
Of course I did not get phones.
His details:
Duncan Bottins
Via Marsala 27
Roma
Italy

Do you know anything about this guy?
Please send me on my e-mail: gralu@o2.pl

I think what this guy 'grala' said is not true!

Hello,

I'm Marcin from Poland and I think this guy grala is a stupid man, becouse the name of the mobile phones seller who use this mail: dudu_bot@yahoo.com is Dean McCormick and he is my mobile phones supplier.I buy from Dean every week and for me is the best mobile phones seller.

Thank you!
Marcin Lejman

dudu_bot@yahoo.com / Dean McCormick - Western Union / eBay mobile phone fraud

Marcin,

if dudu_bot@yahoo.com, so called Dean McCormick, is genuine;

Ask him to sort this matter out and post his genuine contact details, address and phone number, on this site so we can contact him to resolve this matter.

Otherwise, we will presume that you and he are part of the same Western Union / eBay mobile phone fraud merchants. May be even the same person or from the same gang.

When Grala tell us that the matter has been resolved, I am sure he will let us know likewise.

No genuine trader uses anonymous email addresses and Western Union to receive money.

MA

marcin said:
Hello,

I'm Marcin from Poland and I think this guy grala is a stupid man, becouse the name of the mobile phones seller who use this mail: dudu_bot@yahoo.com is Dean McCormick and he is my mobile phones supplier.I buy from Dean every week and for me is the best mobile phones seller.

Thank you!
Marcin Lejman

I'm Jakub from Poland Warsaw and the name of the dudu_bot@yahoo.com is Dean McCormick

Hi,

I'm Jakub Lukaszewicz from Warsaw,Poland and I agree with Marcin.
The mobile phones supplier name( dudu_bot@yahoo.com) is Dean Mccormick and I buy mobile phones from Dean from October and for me is the best supplier.
I have paid him via westernunion only one time and now I pay in 5 days after receive the phones.

The 'Grala' guy is crazy!

Jakub from Poland

re: dudu_bot@yahoo.com / Dean McCormick Western Union mobile phone scam

Hi Jakub

if dudu_bot@yahoo.com, so called Dean McCormick, is genuine;

Ask him to sort this matter out and post his genuine contact details, address and phone number, on this site so we can contact him to resolve this matter.

Otherwise, we will presume that you and he are part of the same Western Union / eBay mobile phone fraud merchants. May be even the same person or from the same gang.

When Grala tell us that the matter has been resolved, I am sure he will let us know. Likewise, tell dudu_bot.

No genuine trader uses anonymous email addresses and Western Union to receive money from eBay deals.

MA

Jakub said:
Hi,

I'm Jakub Lukaszewicz from Warsaw,Poland and I agree with Marcin.
The mobile phones supplier name( dudu_bot@yahoo.com) is Dean Mccormick and I buy mobile phones from Dean from October and for me is the best supplier.
I have paid him via westernunion only one time and now I pay in 5 days after receive the phones.

The 'Grala' guy is crazy!

Jakub from Poland

Hello there.

I was scammed out of 545 dollars today by

Mihail Viorel Popescue.

I was supposed to be recieving 13 Moto Razrs. I have been talking to him on the phone alot and it sounded legit.

Please if anyone wants to talk to me about this dude please email me at keonne@gmail.com I'm so sad/furious.

Romania Western Union Mobile Phone Fraud

Hi

can you please post any email addresses / eBay IDs used, ebay auction details and location of pick up point on this site so stop others being cheated as well?

Thanks,

MA

keonne said:
Hello there.

I was scammed out of 545 dollars today by

Mihail Viorel Popescue.

I was supposed to be recieving 13 Moto Razrs. I have been talking to him on the phone alot and it sounded legit.

Please if anyone wants to talk to me about this dude please email me at keonne@gmail.com I'm so sad/furious.

I have been scammed by dudu_bot@yahoo.com.

I have been scammed by the guy whose mail is dudu_bot@yahoo.com.
His name is Dean Mccormick. I ordered 6 Nokia 6600 and have to pay via Western Union 870$. I sent him money and he took the funds. But I did not get phones.
His details:
First Name: Dean
Last Name: Mccormick
Street: Via Dodecanese 241
City: Genova
Zip code: 16121

If somebody can help me please contact: situl@wp.pl

Please post Western Union fraudster's money pick up point

Folks,

Please post the fraudster's Western Union money pick up point.

Where are these fraudsters asking you to send money to?

Unless you help us track where they are picking the money up - and report it to Western Union making sure that you speak to their " Compliance Department " , there is not a lot we can do.

MA

Scammed

I too was scammed, sadly. $1250 for an Apple PowerBook G4. The perpetrator hacked into someone's Ebay account (in good standing), made a bogus listing and then sent fake emails from support@squaretrade.com to verify his identity and solicit payment by Western Union. I fell for it. His stated name and address are as follows:

CLAUDIU (or TIBERI) TUGULEA
47 Mimozei str.
Oradea
Romania

He/she used the email address etradess@gmail.com

Is there any recourse against Ebay or Square Trade, given the obvious breaches of security? Possibly a class action?

Romanian eBay Western Union G4 Powerbook Fraud

for our records;

• which eBay ID and auction number?

• where were you asked to send the money to?

class action would be good and you best fight it on the PR basis.

please do something about this growing trend of criminal fraud.

Thanks,

MA

Hi,I live in Romania guys and I know how it work's this things.I'm realy sorry for all that but this id are fake and the guy who go to pick up the money pay like %15-%20 to the post office employer who know about all this "business".If someone tells you to pay at any adress in Romania please reply me before you send the money and maybe I can help you.I'm a business man here and I have many problems becouse of this scammers,people don't trust romanian people anymore becouse of this losers.So if you have scam by romanians let me know!

g2e1hvl said:
Address: 119 Millfield Avenue
Zip: E17 5HN
City: London

VASILICA TUDOREL
VIA PIAVE NO.10
MESTRE
ITALY

ILIESCU ADRIAN NICOLAE
ALEEA MUNCII
DRAGASANI
ROMANIA
Phone # 0040723941705

BUDARASCU DAN CATALIN
Tudor Vladimirescu #5
Dragasani
Romania

Danny Peeters
75 croyland rd. Edmonton
N9 7BE
London
England
UK

CHRISTIAN NEUMANN
70 PENWITH ROAD
LONDON
SE5 9RE
UNITED KINGDOM

Lorene Patrik
12 Sixt Avenue
Queens park London
W102HD
UK

Sandra Hastrup
12 Adeola street Egbeda Lagos
Lagos
Nigeria
phonehouseinc@yahoo.com

Lora Marconi
580 Barking Road
London,E139JU
UK

ION CRUCERU
ALEEA TRANDAFIRILOR #9
DRAGASANI
ROMANIA
004 0744 867 144

Full name: Jean Lienard
Address: 82 Morley Avenue
Zip Code: N22 6NG
City: London
State: England

and more
Daniel Levetson ETC

Amazon Romania Scam

Hi romanian, you were offering to help victims of scammers in your last post. Is there any advice you could offer me, as I think I may have become a victim too?

I "bought" an Apple iPod from a seller on the Amazon.co.uk market place for £65, which they claimed was brand new, never been opened, etc. I thought this was too good to be true, so I e-mailed the seller to ask what the catch was. The rather speedy response seemed very genuine, stating that a Western Union money transfer would be involved. All I had to do was to agree to buy it, then the seller would give my e-mail details to Amazon who would then send me further instructions.

I received the e-mail from Amazon, stating how to make the money transfer, the seller's address, etc. and also a guarantee provided by Amazon that the use of Western Union was authorised for the transaction.

I made the money transfer on Monday, and the seller was all too quick to respond to my e-mail telling them that the transfer had taken place. They requested a scanned copy of the transfer receipt, which I sent. That was the last time I have heard from them, despite numerous e-mails sent to them.

I thought that the transaction was genuine because the e-mail from Amazon looked genuine. However, on closer inspection of the routing details of this e-mail, I discovered that it did not originate from the Amazon.com servers (which all legitimately sent e-mails from them do), but from FindNot.com, an anonymous internet proxy server that hides the identity of the user using it.

I know that it is still theoretically early in terms of not receiving anything (it has only been 4 days since ordering) and the seller could actually still turn out to be genuine, but from what I've read here, I don't think that is very likely.

The details of the 'seller' are as follows:
Name: Livia Georgiana Radulesca
Address: Str Popa-sapca
Pitesti 0300
Romania

RE: Amazon Romania Scam

I forgot to mention the e-mail address of the individual discussed in my last post. Their e-mail address is bebino@consultant.com with the display name for this address appearing as "sonny verhoek".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back