How do you fight social services?

Status
Not open for further replies.

terrig70

Hi I am a Mother of 2 children. A situation arose bewtween my 2 children which resulted in social services wanting to take one of them from the house. That child is still in the house and we have been trying to do everything social services has wanted, but it never seems to be enough. And now there is talk again of taking the one child out of the home and placing them in foster care. Although nothing has happened again since the incident was first brought to our attention. And the other child is not afraid of the sibling and knows that nothing like that would ever happen again. They are both in therapy and the therapist does not think that this problem would arise again either. There were never any charges brought against the one because they were to young and basically was imitating things that were done to them by the father which was also brougth out by all this. The father by the way was not charged, they didn't feel there was significant evidence. I guess and adult who should know better can get away with it but a young child who did not know any better gets treated like a horrible criminal. Is there any way to fight social services and get them out of our lives and let is deal with the children on our own. It seem like everyone I talk to just tells me to do whatever they tell me. When did social services become God in this country?????

What if anything, are you doing to ensure the safety of the other child? Did sexual abuse take place? Call the Da's office and find out why the father is not being charged, if in fact the children say they were abused by them.

It is obvious the situation is dangerous. you should be concerned on the safety of the child being abused, not your rights. Social service's job is to ensure the child is safe. If you are leaving the kids alone together, etc.. obviously there would be some concern.

This one child that was abused, now will suffer the consequences for the rest of his/her life.

I am following the safety plan that was set out for us. But they just seem to keep adding things. I seems everytime we get a different caseworker there is something else they want us to do. I am looking out for the safety of my kids so this kind of thing never happens again. It just gets so frustrating because just when you think you're doing the right things they change their plan and then your getting threatened with having your child taken away again. Just so you know I was the one that called to seek help in the first place. My child came to me and told me what had happened and I did not neglect to try and help them. That is why I resent being called a neglectful parent. I just never thought it would have gone as far as it has and have social services in every aspect of my life.

Same here

I have just ventured into the same thing. I became aware of a situation and they have been placing all kinds of demands that I so far have been able to follow. I would like to know how I can fight these people off too.

You 2 need to follow the instructions given to you, plain and simple. See a family law attorney that knows how to deal with them if you have any questions.

The childs safety is paramount here over the parents rights.

That pretty much sums it up. You do not have rights as a parent in this country of you have a problem that arises in your family. The funny thing is, and what still make me mad as hell is the fact everything they had in their "safety plan" was something that we had already implemented in our home without their help. I guess they need to put their own spin on it to make sure it makes them look good. I've come to the conclusion that they can pretty much do whatever they want including threatening parents unless they comply with their every wish. So much for land of the free and dealing with problems within your own family. And I am looking out for the safety and well being of both if my children. I know there are alot of people out there that just want to sweep problems like this under the rug and ignore it. That is not the case here. I am abiding by their suggestions for the safety of the kids. So to sum it up, you can't fight them, and basically you need to do whatever they want if you want to keep your family intact.

I am in AZ and we have had a rash of cases lately involving negligence by CPS. In a few instances, the child(ren) should have been removed from the home, but was not and now we have a dead child. CPS out here in AZ just lost a huge civil suit by one of the fathers whos daughter was killed by his ex wife's abusive boyfriend. In this landmark judgement, the 2 case workers involved are being held personally accountable for a % of it. Extreme negligence was proven.

I am tired of hearing about kids getting hurt or killed from dangerous living situations at home. It is better to be safe than sorry.

Social Services Abuse Charleston Sc

I was accused of physically abusing my 15 year old son. ( accused by my sibling police officer) She certainly has major control issues.
Nothing was founded or indicated as they say. However I have not been permitted to see or talk with my child since October 2005. The dept. of social servies has said that he needs a specific treatment and has placed him in a location over 200 miles away. My son has tried over and over to come home by runnning away and did in fact come home several times while in a location close to home. The dept. has stood in front of the judge over and over and outright lied about a million things. In fact the truth has not been mentioned in court at all. THe one time I did see my child was so sad. He is overwhelmingly depressed and does not even attend school. He just sits in a large room watching tv all day. He was pale and lifeless, from not being outdoors and lack of physical activity. We are talking about a child who has been robbed of the light in his eyes.
He sneaks someones cell and calls me when he can. His depression is getting worse and the facility has a man using the title of DR. only he is not a doctor. Trust me I have had the state of SC check into this . The Charleston County DSS tells the judge that this doctors word is imparitive and he is NOT a doctor. I have gone throught 3 attorneys and am meeting with one other this week. Its surreal.
Please someone tell me why they are allowed to NOT offer any services whatsoever to our family ? Him being over 200 miles away is way to hard. His father is deceased ( suicide ) and I am completely drug and alcohol free just for the record. I am gainfully employed and have been. I've also always provided a warm safe loving home for my child. The dept. was fuming mad that they could not find something to attack and my child continuing leaving has upset them beyond measure.
Yes, my son was in on the accusations as he was mad at me. However he wrote me a LONG APOLOGY letter and the DEPT ALTERED THE LETTER> I have the original and altered letters. EVEN FORGED MY SONS SIGNATURE
Please someone help... help me fight this wicked corrupt family destroying mess of an agency

my daughter

Hi 7 weeks ago i found some bruises on my 17mnth old daughter which looked like 3 tiny round bruises on her thigh well i informed my social worker and we took her to the hospital and doc said it could be sufficient to a nip or a pinch. So social services took her into care on those grounds i have had supervised contact 5 days a week for 2 hours and was arrested for assult but i would not do this to her she is the only thing i have in my life and i'm the only she has in hers. 7 weeks on police have not gone ahead with any charges against me as they completed their investigation and everything said to them went in my favour but social services still have not returned my baby. I spent alot of my life being abused and have done everything in my power to protect my daughter i have recently found a toy my daughter was playing with that fits measurements and shapes of the bruising but no1 seems interested. My daughter is changing so much the more she is away the more unhappy and withdrawn she becomes what can i do.

I've come to the conclusion that they can pretty much do whatever they want including threatening parents unless they comply with their every wish. So much for land of the free and dealing with problems within your own family.

You hit the nail on the head! My family just got out from under CPS' thumb about 7 weeks ago (after almost 18 months). All because my daughter asked to get back on her medication as soon as the baby was born because she was afraid of developing postpartum depression and her OB jumped to conclusions.

CPS has way too much power. Sadly, the only thing you can do is jump through their hoops, be incredibly polite to their employees and pray very hard. And, maybe one day, advocate for other families that are being bullied and fight for laws to be changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back