How do I verify credentials of U.K. Solicitor at Law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadoc

I have received an e-mail from an individual named Barrister Louis Ibe (Esq.) claiming to be a Solicitor at Law in the United Kingdom and the personal attorney of a man now deceased who left behind 15 million dollars, US. He is offering to lay claim to the money (60% fees) in my name as the deceased has no other known relatives. Mr. Ibe offered no last name or other particulars of the deceased, other than the date of a fatal accident. He did ask for a great deal of information from me. I do or did have a step brother I last heard of 45 years ago, so there is the tiniest thread of this being more than the scam it feels like.
How can I verify Ibe's credentials?
Thank you
Cadoc

Sounds like a scam to me.If you think it might have something to do with your long lost step brother,I'm sure you could check public records,deaths etc.Gotta be a way to find out if this is legitimate without spending a lot of money.I hope you didn't give him any information??
I am not a lawyer so don't consider this as legal advice in any form.

This is yet another variation of the "Nigerian Bank Scam". Don't believe it. Legal notices do NOT arrive by e-mail!

Sadly, people buy into this and get ripped off every day ... unfortunately, there is almost NOTHING that law enforcement can do when it happens due to the lack of leads, the multiple accounts used, and the fact that most of these originate from other countries.

- Carl

Thanks for replys

Thanks Lilliepoll and Carl for your replies. That's all it took to tip me back into a full security stance. The contact will be reported and I'm now motivated to run a search for step-brother.
thanks again and have a safe & Merry Christmas (or holiday season as your preference maybe)
Doc

Thanks Lilliepoll and Carl for your replies. That's all it took to tip me back into a full security stance. The contact will be reported and I'm now motivated to run a search for step-brother.
thanks again and have a safe & Merry Christmas (or holiday season as your preference maybe)
Doc
It is and always will be CHRISTmas for me and mine.

Thank you, and good luck.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back