How do I push for a settelment? NOW while I'm still alive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward603

This is my first post, and don't know how this works. About 4 years ago I was crushed in a metal crusher. I had to have both legs amputated from the hips down, and now am trying to live on a small portion of what was the lowest paying job of my lifetime.
I've asked and asked when and where my settelment was. I was told that would come when I was medically cleared from my injuries. I now have a hugh hernia from where the Doctor went in to remove my colostomy bag and reattach my intestines. Workmen's comp is refusing to pay for the now needed surgury and has "Closed" my medical case.
So, I asked again.... now they won't respond to my e-mails or phone calls.

I did have a Lawyer, but disaggreed with him when he wanted to settle for $250,000.

I am not a lawyer but everyone I speak with thinks I did the right thing. After all, I am now confined to a wheelchair with no prospects for prothisis. I live in continuios pain which I take medication for.

Is there a formula for an appropriate settelment, or a chart or table? Hey, I can be reasonable, but am I the only one? :confused:

you need a new attorney

So sorry to hear of all your troubles. I have been fighting for my benefits since 6/03
and had to fire my first attorney as he was not doing anything on my case.
I am into several work comp forums, and they all say that you need a qualified workers comp attorney, one who does only work comp cases.

My attorney that I have now is such. He did get my ttd and all back pay, and after the Ins. took over my claim, they sent me to their doctor, which was supposed to be one to treat me for my back pain, but he was not. It was an Ime and he stated that my injury was not work related!

So here we go again. No benefits, no ttd, no medical, etc......
I am getting the medical on my own, and we will retreive what I have had to pay out of pocket when we go to trial.

The wc ins and employers will fight you even with an attorney.

good luck

annoyed

I say you need to hire another attorney that deals only with wc. You will never get a fair deal on your own. There are more fish in the sea. Make appts, with 2 or 3 and feel them out. The first consult is usually free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back