How do I purchase a property with no current owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

casey

I want to buy a property that has been vacant for about 10 years. The previous owners divorced and filed for bankruptcy. The debt was discharged. The mortgage company appears to be current on all tax payments but when I contacted them they claim the property is not theirs. I went to the Register of Deeds office and they told me they have also been trying to locate an owner so something can be done with the property. Is there anything I can do to buy the property?

I want to buy a property that has been vacant for about 10 years. The previous owners divorced and filed for bankruptcy. The debt was discharged. The mortgage company appears to be current on all tax payments but when I contacted them they claim the property is not theirs. I went to the Register of Deeds office and they told me they have also been trying to locate an owner so something can be done with the property. Is there anything I can do to buy the property?

I suggest you start with a search for who holds good title to the property.

You might wish to contact a local title insurance agency and ask them how to go about it.

You will at least determine if the deed is clouded or has issues.

If you have difficulty doing this, it might be best to find another property to purchase.

No need to spend good money to buy trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back