Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication how do i become my daughers attorney per se

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyndid18

I have attempted to get a response from our attorney on record as to the questions we have. He has been ignoring our emails. It was suggested I become my daughters "attorney of record". She has been in jail since 3/19/10 and I have checked she is not on the ga dept of corrections blip as of 2 weeks ago which tells them her info aka file is still with the clerk of courts. We are trying to find out information such as the judge's recommendation of her sentence or anything that may be helpful in getting her paroled. Anyone have any ideas for a lay person? She has been told the sentencing will become 5 for 1 in July -of course this comes from an inmate aka jailhouse lawyer. What are some helpful websites? Info? whatever???

You go to law school and get your JD.

Seriously - you cannot act as upon your daughter's behalf in the manner you're thinking; it would be unlawful practice of law. I'm truly not being flippant, btw.

What you can do is fire your attorney and hire someone new.

Jharris is a GA attorney of sorts.

He's also a very smart and savvy practitioner.

He actively participates on this board.

He will be around, or you can seek him out.

He will be able to offer you a few nuggets of wisdom about GA criminal law and procedure.

Approach very nicely, he doesn't bite, he might chime in with great advice.

I have been doing more in criminal law lately than I was looking for. I'm not exactly sure I understand what you are looking for. 5 for 1 I take it is 5 days for every one served. You can't become the attorney of record, but I might be able to help you. Send me an email with the pertinent information to gahousetrust@gmail.com.

I have been doing more in criminal law lately than I was looking for. I'm not exactly sure I understand what you are looking for. 5 for 1 I take it is 5 days for every one served. You can't become the attorney of record, but I might be able to help you. Send me an email with the pertinent information to gahousetrust@gmail.com.

Brother Harris, I knew the OP could count on you. :cheer:
She'd be very wise to seek your wise counsel.
Criminal law, counselor, is real law! :yes:

I like criminal law. I just took on a habeas case that is about 5 years past the conviction. The lawyer did a terrible job. I hate to get involved but I am for a couple reasons. She needs it; after talking to her I think she is actually not guilty after 4.5 years behind bars I can at least get rid of her restitution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back