How can you possibly fight a corrupt city government?

If there are signs of corruption then the statute of limitations can be tolled. Still that isn't your choice but the district attorney's. And your own lawsuit should have been against the county although that too is a rough case to make and the likelihood that you'd have to fund your own lawsuit. If you've got 37 taped voicemail messages threatening to burn down the house and the police refused to take a police report or investigate, that's an eye opening piece of evidence that should probably be at the top of your list to present to an attorney general, district attorney or news reporter. But this is a long time ago... you'll need to be very organized to convince someone to pursue this.

Mr. Wechsler, I think you may be my saving grace Sir. I contacted County Attorney Matthew Smith's office first thing this morning. I explained that I do in fact have 37 taped voicemail messages from the brothers, and 4 written, notarized statements from neighbors stating they personally saw the brothers running from the house when the house was set ablaze. I am leaving now to meet with Matthew Smith personally. Thank you Mr. Wechsler, I at least have my foot in the door, thanks to you!!

I really don't mean to take up your time, but I wanted to update you on the meeting with the County Attorney. I sat down and very calmly refreshed his memory about this case. I handed him the letters he wrote to me. He read the letters and said, there is nothing I can do, this case is to old to investigate. I said let me stop you right there. I said it's my understanding that if I could prove corruption within the Municipal Government absolutely existed, you have the right to override the statute of limitations.

I told him just humor me and hear me out because I am about to prove my case once and for all. I handed him three letters from the City Attorney stating my Notice of Claim was denied because it "Had No Merit". Then I handed him a letter from the City Attorney that states I am no longer allowed to contact the City Manager, as the City Attorney was in charge. He said it was a legal matter therefore he was absolutely correct. I said well, let the proof of corruption begin.

I handed him a copy of THE ARIZONA STATE BAR vs PAUL LENKOWSKY. His license was suspended for 90 days, and he had NO legal right to continue representing the city on a SUSPENDED LAW LICENSE! I then handed him a copy of the letter I sent to the City Manager explaining he is suspended and you know he can't continue practicing law for the city.

I explained that at the same time all of this is taking place, the City Manager was making front page news for dropping his pants in front of female reporters. It's true, just Google Richard Kaffenburger. I handed him a copy of an Inter-Office MEMORANDUM from Richard Kaffenburger that details Police Lt. Mike Reynolds allegations against Chief Dan Doyle and Capt. Joe Fiumara. Allegations included claims that violations of criminal law had taken place including conspiracy to cover-up a rape of a minor. I said it's not just me yelling corruption. He said but the allegations were found to have no merit. I said guess who made that call, Richard Kaffenburger. I said I can keep going, or are you getting my point? There were NO attorney's ANYWHERE willing to sue Lake Havasu City, because they had to live and work in Mohave County. I heard it hundreds of times.

I handed him a copy of the Insurance Arson Investigation Report, that names those two brothers as the ARSONISTS!! I handed him the four signed, notarized statements that state the brothers were seen running from the house. I handed him a copy of the complaint I filed with the city, when the Havasu Arson Investigator announced his friendship with the older brother. I handed him a copy of the letter from Havasu PD records division that states at NO point in time was a police report filed in regards to this ARSON. Only a field interview card was filed.

I said I have 37 taped messages of the brothers threatening to burn the house, and on 8 of them they even left their names. I handed him a copy of the older brothers MySpace profile page that shows the time and date it updated it. Two days prior to the fire he changed his profile name to "VFD PROCESSOR RLM...BITCH". I explained the VFD is voluntary fire dept. RLM is him, Ronald Lynn Massey. Bitch would be me. And he sent it to me.

All I can do now s sit and wait for his decision. I am sending this off to the Attorney General's Office tomorrow. Just so you know, the purpose of that website was never to get anyone to take me seriously,I was trying everything I could try to get the sorry bastards to sue me. I couldn't NOT get an attorney willing to challenge Lake Havasu, I just wanted my day in court, and I still don't care what I have to do to get there. I'm sorry, I just don't think that's too much to ask.

I'm truly not crazy, just extremely pissed off. I also handed over before I left, the Order from the Mohave County Sheriff's Office that ORDERED the evacuation of all people and animals from our personal 10 acre horse ranch, which was on the market for a million two, when we bought it. I had a $7,000.00 a month mortgage, and I am being ordered to evacuate, because they could no longer keep us safe from the brothers. I lost EVERYTHING!!!! I NO longer had a way to make a living.

I went from making $10,500.00 a month to being on disability. The stress of this case is literally killing me, but this fight is PERSONAL!!! THANK YOU AGAIN.

One thing I forgot to mention about my website. Over the years I have posted some of the most outrageous, slanderous, defaming comments I could think of. I have 3 trackers on that site. I would go on social media and tag every site affiliated with Havasu and the local newspaper. I would tag the FBI, ATF and Department of Justice. I would see all of their hits to the site and how long they were there. The City of Lake Havasu blocked me on all social media. Wouldn't one think from a legal perspective it would be a smart idea to see what I was spouting off about, to see if I continued to cross the line?

Good luck, mate.
If these critters are as evil as they appear, watch your back.
Bad things happen to good people, especially if bad people feel threatened.

The next fire could happen while you're in the building.
Be very cautious, these scum balls play rough.

Thank you. I look over my back every second of every day. I know it's coming, which is why I can't stay in one place for very long. We were forced to live in our car for the better part of three years, because I lost it all. I feel like I was sentenced to eternity in hell, for a crime I didn't commit. Lake Havasu City has already given me a life sentence, what else can they possibly do to me, but put me out of my misery?

Thank you. I look over my back every second of every day. I know it's coming, which is why I can't stay in one place for very long. We were forced to live in our car for the better part of three years, because I lost it all. I feel like I was sentenced to eternity in hell, for a crime I didn't commit. Lake Havasu City has already given me a life sentence, what else can they possibly do to me, but put me out of my misery?

I hate to see good people get hurt.
That said, I've seen too many times over the course of my life.

I really appreciate that. They didn't play nicely the first time, I can only imagine what I'm in for this go round. What I didn't share yet is that there were 11 reports filed with the Mohave County Sheriff's Office, when the brothers began leaving voicemail messages of their intention to burn my horse ranch. That is why the ORDER to evacuate. There are photos of the younger brother and several of his friends, camped on my property with a blazing bonfire burning. They were waiting for us to come outside.

I'm am yelling louder than ever, and they DO NOT want this case going to court. I tagged all of their employer's on social media, and I know this isn't going to be pretty. I'm afraid at this point that if I had to drive through Lake Havasu for any reason, my car would have more bullet holes in it than Bonnie and Clyde's.

I really appreciate that. They didn't play nicely the first time, I can only imagine what I'm in for this go round. What I didn't share yet is that there were 11 reports filed with the Mohave County Sheriff's Office, when the brothers began leaving voicemail messages of their intention to burn my horse ranch. That is why the ORDER to evacuate. There are photos of the younger brother and several of his friends, camped on my property with a blazing bonfire burning. They were waiting for us to come outside.

I'm am yelling louder than ever, and they DO NOT want this case going to court. I tagged all of their employer's on social media, and I know this isn't going to be pretty. I'm afraid at this point that if I had to drive through Lake Havasu for any reason, my car would have more bullet holes in it than Bonnie and Clyde's.

Think about vacating the area in the middle of night with the help of a friend or relative unknown to the SYNDICATE that has it in for you.

You can conduct your operation in a safe house, whose whereabouts is known only to you.

Why these critters are king this is anyone's guess.
Your property might have undiscovered gold, oil, natural gas, or buried treasure on it.
Whatever these criminals are after, don't let it get you killed.
If they kill you, they win.
As long as you're alive, you've got a shot.

I suggest you videotape or record a video of all you know about this.
Once you do that, have it hand carried outta that county to your safe space and deposit it and all evidence in a safe deposit box rented in the name of a trusted associate.

OMG...You do get it. I have desperately been trying to find someone, anyone in the legal profession willing to give me a chance to explain. I got at least 3 of you to go to my website and see what evidence is posted there. I just need someone of importance to know what was going on because let's be real for a minute, the Mohave County Attorney is NEVER going to open this investigation. He sent me a letter stating the police department now believed the fire was an arson, and the brothers were the most likely suspect. And that still didn't warrant an investigation. I knew when I went to his office nothing was going to happen, except I was going to stir the pot.

I have been in communication with the FBI, ATF and US DEPARTMENT of JUSTICE. The standard answer is take them to court, you have legal and civil options available. Wonder why I never thought of that?

I sincerely want to thank all of you for taking the time to go to my site, and give me the opportunity to explain. Like I said, I just needed someone of importance to know what was taking place. I really thought one of the government agencies would step in and help. Yeah, right. That didn't happen.

Yeah, pretty scary stuff, mate, but you can out smart them, just stay a couple steps ahead of them.
For instance, next time you meet with the DA, take a trusted witness with you.
Plus, make sure you have a driver (another trusted confidante) stay in a car with the motor running.
If you choose to take these guys on, be prepared for anything, that might mean endangering your relatives.
Better make sure your loved ones know what;s going on, and ow dangerous they are.
They make movies about this stuff.
Have you tried contacting your elected congressperson, or both US senators for AZ?

You misunderstand what was meant by corruption. It is a very high bar to get a statute of limitations tolled for corruption and a DA without a law license, and whoever flashing reporters does not mean there was any corruption with regard to your case. These might be unprofessional folks and their conduct appalling but that does not mean anyone who might have had a claim which is not expired automatically gets a second bite at the apple because some of the people in charge behaved badly for totally unrelated reasons. Corruption also does not mean they don't take your side or choose to prosecute based on the evidence available. You might think all of this is a slam dunk but it is far from that. Your insurance adjuster's opinion does not matter outside of the insurance company's liability on the claim. Their criteria for assigning liability is far different than in criminal court.

I have no idea why you would purposely try and slander someone or get them to sue you. It won't change a darn thing as far as your case against them goes at all. If they sue you, the only thing what will be decided is your guilt as far as whatever charges or conduct goes. It would not be an opportunity for you to try the merits of your arson case or even bring up what you believe to be evidence. That is not how it works. It is a great way to lose yourself even more money to these yokels. The longer it stays up and the more you keep adding to it, the longer it will be until the statue of limitations against YOU closes. They very well could sue you for slander or defamation and win but you have zero recourse against them, as your grievances against them ended almost 10 years ago.

To be honest, it is extremely unlikely that anyone who happens across the page would act based on the rantings on a webpage. Even if it were still possible to prosecute, which is far from determined, your story is frankly difficult to follow and sounds more like a personal vendetta from someone with an axe to grind than a legitimate appeal for justice. Lawyers do not troll random websites seeking clients and while your pages might be reviewed briefly by those in law enforcement if they come up in searches online, that is not how law enforcement determines what is worthy of investigation. The FBI isn't sitting around looking for cases to work on by searching google.

A very wise man once said to me, "Truth is a absolute defense to a defamation lawsuit". Need proof of that statement? Check comment #13 on the first page of this thread. What exactly have I said that in anyway shape or form is slanderous and/or defaming? I said I have said some outrageous things, never did I say they were slanderous and/or defaming.

Refusing to file a police report in an ARSON case is considered"Unprofessional Conduct" in WHAT WORLD? My "Grievance" most definitely did NOT end 10 years ago. I was not in a coma for 10 years and suddenly woke up and said, oh hell, I forgot all about this. Let's just see what I can do. Conspiracy to cover up the rape of a minor is considered "Unprofessional Conduct" by who's standards? Yours?

And about misunderstanding the definition of "CORRUPTION", boy do I ever have egg all over my face..
MERRIAM-WEBSTER-DICTIONARY-CORRUPTION
Definition of CORRUPTION For English Language Learners;
Dishonest or Illegal behavior especially by powerful people (such as Government Officials or Police Officers).

At no point in time have I implied that I thought ANYTHING was going to be a "SLAM DUNK". In fact I believe I said that realistically the possibility of the County Attorney reopening this is slim to none. What part of that comment indicates I was already running a victory lap?

I am absolutely floored by the shocking news that the FBI does NOT do constant Google searches looking for cases. All my hopes and dreams are shattered. Where do you come up with this stuff?

You continue to make references to my website not being organized in a manner that you approve of. NO ONE CARES ABOUT THAT WEBSITE!! My website has been up for NINE YEARS!! The first 3 years it was up, I said a whole lot of things I should have been sued for. They haven't sued me yet. Is there a statute of limitations for that or are they exempt?

Let's talk about the statute of limitations on Felony Arson, shall we. You jumped all over the opportunity to send me that statute, and I'm quite sure that under your breath you were saying DUMBASS! This was an "Open Arson Investigation" for two years. I made front page news two days in a row when I filed Notice of Claim, and when the cops declared the fire an ARSON. I demanded in writing a police report that stated it was now declared an ARSON. The next day it was declared an OPEN ARSON INVESTIGATION", and no longer an arson. I needed the report to get the DA involved. From that point in 2009 until the present, it has changed from an arson to an open investigation 17 times. Exactly when does the statute of limitations clock begin to tick? Unprofessional Behavior or CORRUTION?

Covering up a rape and s deplorable but has zip to do with your case. It simply has no bearing one way or the other on your case. If they are guilty of this, it doesn't help you any more than if they are innocent. I am not sure why you think it impacts your case, but it does not.

You simply can not sue your local government for failure to charge someone for a crime. You can not sue them because you feel they did a poor job of investigating. That just isn't how the law works. You had recourse for any damages you experienced against the guys you believe are responsible. You for reasons unknown, chose not to pursue that option. It is now too late to do so.

It appears you and I are at an impasse, and I'm perfectly okay with that. I never implied that covering up the rape of a minor had any bearing on my case, whatsoever. I was simply establishing the fact that others were claiming corruption as well, and NOT claiming "Unprofessional Behavior". I was also establishing the fact that this is a case of "Cops Gone Wild", as opposed to a little "Yokel Humor"

This also has NO BEARING on my case, but I'm going to tell you anyway. In 2008 the same group of harmless entertaining yokels charged a woman with the ARSON of her business. The lady had moved away from Lake Havasu twelve years prior. That arson case was 18 years, 4 months and 7 days old the day she was charged. So please try to keep convincing me that it's too late!! And also PLEASE continue telling me how the law works in your world, because Havasu Law is played by their rules, NOT YOURS!!!

Let's talk about those "unknown reasons" why I didn't pursue this case legally. Are you kidding me? I'm sure everyone reading this is amused and entertained, but I can assure you that in the end, you WILL NOT win this argument!!

Back to what I was saying. I gave the County Attorney 4 letters that were sent to me by Mohave County Superior Court that detail every step I must follow in order to file legal proceedings against the City. Number #1 on that list states I MUST file a NOTICE OF CLAIM and file it with the City Managers Office. So I DID!!! Number #2 states I MUST wait for a letter denying my NOC, and that letter would detail my legal right to sue, and the legal time frame I had to do it in.

I also gave him 3 letters from the LAW LICENSE SUSPENDED CITY ATTORNEY that say, the city takes the position that legally they do NOT have to accept or deny my claims, and I was NEVER getting the letter giving me the right to sue. Four NOC's later, I am still waiting for that letter. I just know it will be here any day now!!!!

So the DA has in his hand 4 letters from the court that says I cannot file legal proceedings without that denial letter, and 3 letters from the City Attorney that says HELL will freeze over before I get it. I don't know how the law works in your world, but this is HAVASU LAW!!! What in the hell would make you think I didn't try to pursue this legally? They took away my right to sue!!!

I don't give a rat's ass if those two worthless piece of crap brothers EVER get charged, they have absolutely NOTHING to sue for. That is why their photos are posted on my website that doesn't meet your approval. They say KARMA IS A BITCH, and I'm just trying to insure that KARMA finds them. I don't SUSPECT these two burned my house, I know for a FACT they did!! If they don't like what I have to say then they are more than welcome to sue me. But the burden of proof falls on their shoulders to convince a court that I'm lying. That's how the law works!!!

I don't live there, I don't know you or them. It matters not to me one way or the other what happens with this case. You asked for the law, and I am providing the objective facts. I don't know the particulars of the other case but that doesn't change the statute of limitations in yours. You can try and see if there is some avenue for tolling, but I don't see one.

I wanted to say a very heart felt thank you to all of you. "Tolling" the statute may just be the answer to my prayers. Over the past almost 10 years I was forced to learn the law. I have spent countless hours in law libraries reading statute after statute. I spent hundreds of hours in courtrooms listening to case after case, trying to learn how to file what was required to be filed. There are so many complicated aspects of this case, it makes explaining it difficult.

The good news is, I have just filed paperwork with the court that explains that on 03/09/07 those two brothers became "Fugitives". Lake Havasu PD told me I was no longer allowed to communicate with them, I was instructed to complain to the Sheriff's Office. So I did. The Sheriff's Office then requested all the reports and evidence, as they were taking over the arson investigation as well. Havasu PD denied their requests. They began their own investigation and the brothers fled the state. Sheriff's Office says that definitely makes them Fugitives of LAW.

It's really difficult because the FBI and Department of Justice sent letters saying I have legal and civil options available, but no one can tell me what they are. So I search for answers anywhere and everywhere I can. ATF says the Havasu Cop was lying, but ATF can't get involved until the FBI requests their help.

The court is very understanding of my lack of knowledge in filing motions as well as attorneys file them. They have requested copies of 2 additional police reports, but they haven't told me no so far. The police report requested states that Mohave County Sheriff's were trying to find the brothers, and it was discovered they fled the state.

Again, thank you all for your help.

Back