how can I stop my brother from defrauding my mother's estate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

emazinglori

When my dad was in the hospital about 4 years ago, my brother convinced my mother she would lose her home if he ended up going to a nursing home. My mother got so distraught she was yelling at the staff of a rehab facility my dad was transferred to from the hospital he had been in. the day she exploded to the doctor's of this facility my brother said to me "Mom's crazy". I said "No, she's just upset"> Little did i know that he was the one telling her she would lose her home, and causing her to be so upset. he then convinced her to sign her house over to him so she wouldn't lose it. When they went to the lawyer the lawyer told my mother we have to word things differently........My mother was 86 at the time, and listening to whatever they said. The will is contracted out as my brother gets the house and upon my mother's death pays each of us girls (3) 50,000.00 each MINUS (any work he does on the house). So this means he can do anything to the house and charge us for the work, unchecked by anyone. A few years ago he got my mother to sign over another piece of property she and my dad owned.saying "You know dad always wanted to build there and sell those houses.so the property is really part of the construction property which you gave me already." And she signed it over to him. there was also a burial plot in another county where they don't want to be buried ( my dad is already buried in the county where the house is)So guess what he said since he lives in the county it would be best to give it to him.
There are other issues in the family making things stressed. But I am shocked that my brother would be thinking only of himself and be taking my mother to the cleaners. He was supposed to stay with her in her house and take care of her in exchange for the house...but his son has been doing it and when his son's wife lost her job , my mother must have seen how stressed out they were so she was only eating the one wheel a day that came from Meals on Wheels...so this pat feb or march ( can't remember now) she ended up in the hospital and her doctors were shocked she had lost 40 pounds in just a matter of months. I was not called when she was in the hospital. She called me when she got home and said why didn't you come to see me in the hospital , I told her no one told me. You see about 6 years ago my younger sister told my older sister and myself how she was raped by our brother...I did not come forward then and tell about him raping me.....as I thought he was drunk when he raped me and he must have been drunk when he raped our younger sister.......so I thought he would admit raping her and she would get the support of our parents. But he didn't admit it then I found out how he was getting my mother's estate.and I flipped out on the phone to my mother and said he raped me too...so of course I am not believed and am seen as the person trying to get my mother's estate........yeah right!
Then last month I was visiting my mother when my brother's daughter and daughter in law got upset when I was talking to my brother on the phone since he was upsetting my mother and he called me a"F---ing piece of S---" and I said well you're a "F---ing Rapist" wanted me to leave the house.I said "No Mom's upset I'll leave tomorrow". He called and told the girls to call the state trooper's and have me removed. when my mother found out what was going on she said." Fine you can all get out of my house and I'll sell it and move in with Lori"....Well my brother got worried about that, and got his son and his wife to move out and said to my mother you will have to move with them then I'll sell the house and use the money to take care of you. So now she is going to move. But, this morning I got a call from my older sister saying mom's in the hospital..again I wasn't called by my brother and his family and they know I am just 3 hours away. Two and half days went by. I don't know what to do about any of this.Any suggestions?

Let those crooks and thieves fight over the things and property.

This occurs in lots of families.

Just love and do the best you can for your mom.

She's priceless, that stuff is useless junk.

Without her, that home becomes but another house.

You're getting along without it now, you'll get along just as well tomorrow.

Once your precious mother has passed on, you'll miss her the rest of your life.

I'm without mom and dad today.

There isn't a day I don't miss them both.

The thieves in our family did the same thing as they're doing in yours.

Let them have that junk.

You've still got your mom.

Hug her, tell her how much you love her, and just sit with her.

Those memories will one day be worth more than your weight in gold.

Try to capture her voice, her look, her smile, her laugh, the essence of her being.

Man, that's worth more than any old house and some junk.

Without mom, that's just another old house!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

to army judge

thank you for your reply. i do know my mother is more important then any money........BUT.my brother is defrauding her of vast amounts of money that she could use to take care of herself and her home. She was just in the hospital , again because she is not being feed right, and not drinking enough fluids. I took her out to dinner at her insistence and when we got back to her house the " Dinner" my nephew's wife had for herself and he 3 year old son was cold cereal. So I suspect my mother would have had one of those Meals on Wheels, had she not wanted to go out to eat.And my brother's other daughter who lives there was eating a french bread pizza. When talking about my mother's hospital stay my niece said said "I told gram she has to eat more toast for breakfast and cottage cheese for lunch isn't enough". When my mother is with me she eats well.and she eats everything I make for her.and I make the things she likes........all someone has to say is "What would you like to eat Gram?" and she will tell you. The one piece of property that I now believe my brother is trying to sell, which is located in another county...........could be the money my mother uses for Food, Clothing, Heat..she needs a new furnance, windows needing replacement. In the future she may need a wheel chair and a vechicle to transport her in. I want to get the property back in her hands, so that she can live a good comfortable life. I don't have the money needed to take care of her....but that property is the money she needs.

Speak with a lawyer.
You can't do this without one.

If you believe your mother is being abused or neglected, that is a crime.

Abusing or neglecting seniors, is treated as seriously, as abusing or neglecting babies.

Contact the police and report it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

to army judge

My mother will not say I am being neglected......she will say I have wonderful grand kids who are taking care of me. The only proof I have is the fact she has been admitted twice in the past year for eating problems. One the loss of 40 pounds over the winter and just this past week for not eating and drinking enough. I could call the protective services and I did talk to the elderly protective agency in her county and told them last week about my feeling that my mother is being defrauded of her property and I must have mentioned the weight loss........but they said "We can't help you with your family fight". I contacted a lawyer last week and just got a reply today. He said he would have to have extensive research done about the property transaction and that means money.which I do not have. I will talk to my husband and see if he thinks we can use some money he has coming in for a house he is going to build for someone. But, I still have to wait for that< and even then we have a lot of bills. God, I keep hoping there is something I can do for her. Thank a again, lori

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back