Criminal Records, Expungement how can i get my record sealed for promotion

Status
Not open for further replies.

randihunter

okay so in my younger days i got into alot of trouble whichj is causing me a whole lot of grief now that im 31 and ready to further my career.so my last conviction was in 2005 which landed me in prison for 3 years.while in prison i was taken ouyt to court in 2006 for another case.Now i was released from firecamp 12/22/08.since then i have completed my parole and havent gotten intyo any trouble.Ive held my current job for 3yrs and 2 months to be exact.I had an interview with a differant company for a managment poition they want to hire me at 18$an hour.wow !problem is they do a 7year check.how can i get my record sealed or what can i do please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You won't get it done that quickly, and it likely has not been long enough to make a successful request but you could try.
It seems your best option is to be honest. If you lie about your past and they discover it you won't get the job. If you are honest about it and convince them it is all in the past you might still have a chance.
You might want to have a meeting with the person doing the hiring and just lay it out there. Resist the urge to cover it up.

Start here:

http://www.courts.ca.gov/1070.htm

You cannot "seal" your record, but you might be able to get some of your convictions expunged (i.e. reduced or dismissed). It will take time, and will definitely not be over night. The bottom line will be not to lie to a prospective employer. They may be more impressed with upfront honesty than an attempt to conceal your past ... and you'll have to account for all that missing employment time on the application somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back