How can I file a discrimation suit against companies that reqire you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stenomom

I want to file a suit against maybe the state or companies that require you to speak Spanish to even apply!! Myself and others I know, have lost out on possible employment opportunities because of our lack of Spanish language. This is a English speaking country/state, I should not have to speak Spanish to get a job.

Alrighty then. Got it all out of your system yet? There's no-one to sue in this situation. You can either learn Spanish or apply for jobs that don't require one to be bilingual.

You can't. There is nothing illegal about this. Anyone can learn to speak Spanish; it's not limited to those of a particular national origin. You can learn to speak Spanish if you are Swedish or Korean or South African or Kiribatian. If the job requires that you speak Spanish, then you are not qualified if you do not. There is no national language in this country.

Just as companies can require employees to speak English while on the job, there are companies that can require you to speak Spanish while on the job. There isn't anything illegal here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back