housemate trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angeldocrar

I moved in with three of my friends into a four bedroom apartment at the beginng of August 2004. Just recently housemate A got into a big fight with me and my other housemate. That night she packed up her stuff and said she was moving out and when asked what will she do about the rest of the rent payments she clearly stated that she wasn't going to pay it and that we should contact her lawyers. She has been coming back to the apartment every night since then and has been disturbing us at all times of the night with loud music and other noise and has made possible threats. we really feel uncomfortable with her being in the apartment now. what legal actions should we take in dealing with this situation?

Angeldocrar said:
I moved in with three of my friends into a four bedroom apartment at the beginng of August 2004. Just recently housemate A got into a big fight with me and my other housemate. That night she packed up her stuff and said she was moving out and when asked what will she do about the rest of the rent payments she clearly stated that she wasn't going to pay it and that we should contact her lawyers. She has been coming back to the apartment every night since then and has been disturbing us at all times of the night with loud music and other noise and has made possible threats. we really feel uncomfortable with her being in the apartment now. what legal actions should we take in dealing with this situation?
Has she refused to turn down the music? Oddly enough, perhaps you should threaten to call the police if she refuses to turn down the music -- does it bother the neigbors? have they complained? The three of you may want to send her a letter, certified return receipt, stating that she has threatened to not pay rent and reminding her of her obligations under the lease. She cannot just "leave." Second, you will probably want to address the threats, if they are substantial, and state that they would be in violation of her lease agreement and that if she does not cease and desist she will be evicted and be responsible for all damages, including reasonable attorneys fees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back