house sale contract

jhalaweh

Jurisdiction
California
Hi, I was in a house sale contract, I am the seller, I had disagreement with the buyer over rent, buyer generated addendum accepting the sale as is and ask for $2000 from agents, I did not sign the addendum which makes the contract not final, later I did not sign the escrow where escrow should not be initiated once there is an open addendum. the contract expired 3 months ago, the buyer is refusing to cancel the contract or the escrow, the buyer is not responsive and refusing to mediate. Basically, the buyer wants to do nothing and leave my house in pending status. I consulted lawyer, the lawyer called the buyer's agent, the agent was not cooperative and refused to give his physical address and he said that he is not a real estate agent and he is a financial broker.
What should I do at this point?
Regards;
JH

What should I do at this point?

Instead of just "consulting" the lawyer, you need to hire him (give him a retainer check) and have him file a lawsuit against the buyer to resolve this.

Otherwise your house stays in limbo forever.

Or, you can just pay the buyer what he wants, conclude the sale, and get out from under the problem.

You'll have to decide which option will cost you less money and resolve the issue sooner.

Instead of just "consulting" the lawyer, you need to hire him (give him a retainer check) and have him file a lawsuit against the buyer to resolve this.

Otherwise your house stays in limbo forever.

Or, you can just pay the buyer what he wants, conclude the sale, and get out from under the problem.

You'll have to decide which option will cost you less money and resolve the issue sooner.
Thanks for the response, I just got laid off, Lawyer was asking too much money. When addendum is not signed, the contract is not valid. I plan to go to court and file law suit to force the buyer to cancel the escrow. Any Idea?

Thanks for the response, I just got laid off, Lawyer was asking too much money. When addendum is not signed, the contract is not valid. I plan to go to court and file law suit to force the buyer to cancel the escrow. Any Idea?
According to contract, buyer and seller must go for mediation, if buyer refuses, then he or she is at fault according to the law.

Back