Hopeless in NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

christy2262

Hi,
I am in NC with a father who is in ICU and in a coma. He owns property, has about $35,000 in the bank, but no power of att. and no living will or any other will as far as that goes. He doesn't qualify for Medicade bacause of income, I found that out. I have to leave here and I don't know what to do, what questions to ask, where to go for help.
Christy

Not sure what your question is but you should contact an attorney that specializes in probate. You might want to even call your local Legal Aid to see if they can help you. If he passes away and is not married then the estate will go into probate.

The main thing to watch out for is that they may try to get you to sign to be personally responsible for some of his bills. Do not sign anything pesonally. If you already have then contact an attorney about revoking.

If this may be a long term situation then you may need to get guardianship so you can access the bank account for normal expenses such as power/mortgage etc.

I have gone through this same situation and my sympathies. Losing a parent is tough.

Private messaging and email has been disabled on this forum. If you will email me the city I can recommend some resources since I am very familar with NC.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back