Home study in KY

Darlene

Jurisdiction
Kentucky
Hi
My son is trying to get custody of his son that lives in alabama. The judge has sent 2 orders for KY to do a home study on my son. But because the child isn't in Foster care KY refuses. The child is living with the mother's father that has temporary custody. I don't know any agencies that do home evaluations where I live. The local office to child protection services tells me that I can't hire a social worker to do it even on their own time. What can I do?

Your post isn't clear on who is doing what where.

Where does your son live? Alabama or Kentucky?

Where does his son live? Alabama or Kentucky?

Where is the judge's court? Alabama or Kentucky?

Does the mother have temporary custody? Or does the mother's father have temporary custody?

The local office of CPS (that says you can't hire a social worker) where? Alabama or Kentucky?

Who or what in Kentucky refuses to do the home study? The mother, her father, the court, CPS, something else?

Does your son have a lawyer?

The father lives in ky. The mother's father has temporary custody. Kentucky refuses to do home study because the child isn't in Foster care but KY cps states that we can't hire a social worker to do home study. The father has a lawyer in Alabama.

Your son has a lawyer in Alabama where the child resides?

Then your son should be discussing all of his issues with the lawyer in Alabama instead of you posting second hand information that is, at best, a bit garbled and incomplete.

If a judge in Alabama ordered the home study then that judge can set the parameters for the home study, including allowing your son to privately hire a social worker.

I don't see where CPS in Kentucky needs to be involved nor why CPS in Kentucky would have any say about anything.

Any report by a social worker would go straight to the Alabama judge.

Again, your son needs to be talking to his attorney about all that.

The judge ordered cps to do home study but they refused. My sons lawyer said to hire a social worker but cps are telling him that it was against the law for a social worker to do a home evaluation without it going through the state. Does that make sense to any one ? Not me. Incomplete or not

The judge ordered cps to do home study but they refused. My sons lawyer said to hire a social worker but cps are telling him that it was against the law for a social worker to do a home evaluation without it going through the state. Does that make sense to any one ? Not me. Incomplete or not
The judge in alabama ordered KY cps to do the home study in KY so my son can bring the child to KY. I don't understand what is so hard to understand about that

Your son should be speaking with his attorney to see what the next move is.

The judge in alabama ordered KY cps to do the home study

I doubt that an Alabama judge has any jurisdiction over a Kentucky agency, nor any way of enforcing his order if Kentucky CPS doesn't want to cooperate.

Again, your son needs to be talking to his Alabama lawyer about what to do.

You're not going to get anything resolved on the internet.

I doubt that an Alabama judge has any jurisdiction over a Kentucky agency, nor any way of enforcing his order if Kentucky CPS doesn't want to cooperate.

Again, your son needs to be talking to his Alabama lawyer about what to do.

You're not going to get anything resolved on the internet.
I believe that.

Back