Home bought before marrage

Status
Not open for further replies.

IndigoBlue2000

I owned my own home before getting married, have now been married 12 (+) years...in all that time my wife refused to help with the mortage and kept her money seperate...I paid the mortage by myself the entire time without her helping so much as once with any amount,always refuseing, saying it was not her house...any time anything went wrong it was me who had to pay to get it fixed...would a judge take this into consederation as to whether she is entiled to any value in the house ..I can see no way to force her to help me pay it, since she keeps her money seperate...my name is on deed and mortage..so I don't want to ruin my credit by not paying or being late...we live in New Jersey,....
Thanks

would a judge take this into consederation as to whether she is entiled to any value in the house

Yes. Make sure you can prove it.

How would I go about proving it...I have all the bank records to show payments...but its not like she is going to put in writting what she has said,although other people have heard her say it..any suggestions,,,possibly recording her saying it..???
Thanks

Since you have lived in the house for so long it has now become marital property and will be subject to equitable distribution in accordance with the laws of your state. The judge will take into consideration anything relevant that you can prove. You need to consult with an attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back