Negligence, Other Injury Hit by a hockey puck at AHL game due to bad setup of safety net

Status
Not open for further replies.

breed3712

I was at a Houston Aeros hockey game on Sunday and was hit by a flying puck. I know this sounds really dumb but it would have hit me in the face except for the fact that I was eating nachos and happened to have my arm up, so it hit my forearm. First of all... I want it to be clear that I know how to watch a puck! I am also aware that there is risk involved in this type of sport as a spectator. I was sitting in a corner section "protected" by the netting, but that is because the net was not flush with the top of the glass. The metal ring that holds the net down was crooked and there was about a 4" gap. Just my luck, that damn puck came right through there and hit me. I was not hit during the course of the game (I would have been watching the single puck) but I was hit during the pre-game practice. I was turned to face the unprotected area so that I could watch for flying pucks. Of course, out of the corner of my eye, a puck comes flying out from under the net. I did go to first aid and they gave me an ice pack but was otherwise unconcerned... but they did wonder how I was already hit when the game hadn't started yet. I'm considering getting an attorney due to the fact that this was a result of carelessness on the part of stadium set up. It is required for the net to go from the top of the glass to the ceiling on the end zones, and had this been the case, I wouldn't have been hit. Does anyone have any advice?

You should consult an attorney in your county.

Without ADDITIONAL proof of medical treatment this will go no where. Soft tissue injuries don't rate the medical lottery treatment.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back