Hit and run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alireza

Jurisdiction
California
Hi,
I'm asking this question for a short story that I'm working on.
In a hit and run case in California if the victim gets serious injuries and goes to coma, who is responsible to pay his medical bill? Is it on the victim?

Thanks for your help!

In a hit and run case in California if the victim gets serious injuries and goes to coma, who is responsible to pay his medical bill? Is it on the victim?

Everyone is responsible for paying for his/her own medical care. There's also a California law that makes a person liable for his/her spouse's or child's medical bills. If a person who has incurred medical bills believes someone else should be liable for the bills, his/her recourse is to sue. Obviously, insurance may also come into play. Finally, there is a victim compensation fund when medical bills are incurred as a result of a crime.

Great question Alireza, Hit and run car accidents and collisions can be devastating and super confusing. Who is responsible? Each case is very specific and so is responsiblity. Getting into a car accident can be the one of the most upsetting events in someone's life. Your life can be permanently, or at least semi-permanently, disrupted by the legal fees, hospital bills, property damage, and psychological and/or emotional distress. The only thing that can possibly make a car accident worse is if you are injured or your property is damaged, and the other person takes off – a so called hit and run accident. If you are looking for a lawyer, I'd suggest consulting with a car accident lawyer at Cohen &Cohen in Washington DC if you need someone in that area.

Who would want to use an attorney who doesn't even know basic geography?

Hi,
I'm asking this question for a short story that I'm working on.

Thanks for your help!

You;re posting from Canada, mate, why do you care?

When do you plan to launch your spam campaign?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back