Hiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

musica

About 4 or 5 months ago i put an ad in the paper for staff. A lady answered the ad and came in for the interview. She didn't get the job because she was not suited for the particular position at the time. I rang her and told her that and told her i would keep her on file and if anything came up that would be suited to her I would call her. I have now placed another ad in the paper for a similar position and she has left a message on my phone. The client whom i am looking for the staff member for is after someone who is half the age of this woman therefore she is obviously not suitable. What is my legal position in what i can tell this woman as to why she is again not suitable?

You don't need to give her any excuse. You can simply say that there are other candidates at this time that have been found more suitable for the client, per your conversation with your client. If she asks you what in particular, you can simply say that it is understandably confidential between you and your client but that you appreciate her interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back