highschool transcripts

Status
Not open for further replies.

samanthaann

Hi everyone,

I lived in south america for the majority of my highschool education. After graduating from a small school over there, and attempting college in spanish, I came back to the US to go to college here.

I graduated about 6 years ago, and I've been enrolled in two different colleges here in the US in the last 3 years. I brought my official transcript from south america here with no problem at all. It is stamped and signed by the various notaries required and is from the ministry of education down there.

However, my step father and my mother are going through an ugly divorce and he threatened, over the phone, that he would "contact" someone he knows to "dispose" of all evidence of my education in the school. Then he would anonymously proceed to inform my college here in the US that they should "look into it". He's a vindictive man, and people working in a third world country barely making 300 dollars a month might be tempted to fulfill such a shady proposition.

My question is, if he does this, what can happen to me? I would notify the school, but if its already done I'm terrified. Other than getting my GED and hoping for the best.... I dont know what to do. My education is one of the most important things to me and my step father knows this and is taking advantage of the situation.

Thanks!

Samantha

Threats, just idle and cruel threats.

Even if the bully was able to pull it off, a high school diploma isn't required to gain entry to most US colleges anymore. Some don't even require a GED.

Now, if your diploma is a "fake", that could be a problem for you.

Even if it is "fake", you don't need it.

US community colleges don't require them or even admissions tests.

If you've gotten more than 12-24 college credits under your belt, no one (not even Harvard or Yale) are gonna care. You're a transfer student.

And if you have a physical copy of your transcript, one thing you might want to do is make several copies, have them notarized (I know you said the original has all the stamps - this is extra protection) and put them in a safe deposit box. I seriously doubt that your stepfather has the power to pull off what he's threatening but this is more for your peace of mind than anything.

Thank you both!!!!

I went from a community college to a 4 year university and Graduation is coming around in about a year. All I can think about is if he actually goes through with his threat (and suceeds).... and if the school tells my college I didnt attend.... my diploma will appear to be "fake" regardless of its authentic notarized stamps and signatures.... I dont want to end up being arrested or worse! Honestly, the thought has been making me physically ill since my mother told me what he threatened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back