hhSuccessor-Trustee ignor's court orders

Status
Not open for further replies.

kromm

I am the Beneficiary of my Family Trust, originally created by my deceased father with him as Trustee. I have a Court approved order,suspending the successor-trustee's powers & ordering him to account for his actions and turn over all account information and assets belonging to the Trusst to a court appointed Trustee.
Reason being the suspended trustee liquidated all remaining trust assets and will not account,distribute or disclose as to what he has done with the Trust assets
His Failing to obey the Court orders places him in contempt Both He and his attourney have recieved documentation/copies of the Court orders and neither makes any attempt to obey them, or respond to any form of communication thru U.S mail or by telephone.
What do I need to do,or how do I get the court to enforce theiir orders? What can be done as the result of their failing to comply with ,and obey the Court Order?
Thank you for your time and advice.
Doug Blair

You can file to have the trustee found in contempt of court. That can carry some pretty heavy sanctions. There might be more, but that's as good a start as any.

Thank you for your advice & reply. Under the described conditions,the court requires the petitioner (myself) to file again to now enforce sanctions for contempt? In comparison to issueing an arrest warrent similar to that a criminal or traffic court would issue for failing to obey an order?

I don't know how similar it is to issuing an arrest warrant, but generally, you are correct. What you do in many jurisdictions is file a Petition for Contempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back