He's staying against MY will!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikkij86

My husband has done many bad things for grounds for divorce,and I have stayed for way too long!Now that I want out, he won't leave!I work but he doesn't.He watches our 3 year old son.He hasn't had a job since at least Fall of 2008, and he hasn't had a steady job since at least January 2008.So, I've paid the bills and supported us.Now, we rent a house, and stupidly I let him sign the lease with me!Is there any way I can force him out?!I am in DESPERATE need of an answer!

File for divorce and request exclusive use of the marital home.

Other than that you have to abide by the law.

And if he's your son's caregiver, you can't really hold his lack of work against him.

Divorce is long and expensive!Does it help that he leaves pill bottles that are not child-proof within my son's reach and stays up all night so that he's sleeping while my sons up?!I have come home to scissors and an open pocket knife on the edge of the counter while my son is running around!I wouldn't call him a caregiver!Also, he tells my 3 year old son bad things about me to turn him against me!I'll pay for daycare or a babysitter!It'll be the same,if not cheaper than paying for him, and my son would be safe!

This is how the court will see it:

"You are complaining, Ma'am, about the pill bottles being around your child...yet you have done nothing to rectify the situation. You allow this man to look after the child. You evidently are quite alright with it - hence the court finds it ok too."

Regardless, he has as much right to live in your home as you do until a court says otherwise. YOU could always leave, however....

So apparently, I'm trapped,have no rights and there's nothing I can do about it, I guess! Wish I could "watch" my own son for a living and get everything paid for! No I'm not complaining,I'm fed up!I am trying to do something about it right now!I have limited funds!I can't move out without paying for breaking my lease,unless you know a secret. I just moved 2 1/2-3 hrs away from any family to grab the only job offer I got!When I found the knife, I did take him to preschool instead of leaving him there!My husband fights me and says he'll go back and get him!I put away the medicine bottles,knives,cleaner,etc. that is left out!If he was gona,I would have plenty of money for daycare/babysitter from what I'm not spending on him!What justice is it that a hard-working mother has to allow a lazy,lying,cheating asshole ruin her life?!Two parents can both work and raise a kid!There should be no rights with one parent who just doesn't work!There is no mutual agreement that he doesn't work and I do!

You're still there, he's not working, he's looking after your child, and you're working. That constitutes a mutual agreement.

If you want it to change, you have to take charge. Get an attorney, or go to Legal Aid, and file for divorce.

You chose this lazy, lying cheating asshole to be the father of your child. You're stuck with him, until a court says otherwise.

Lady, have you read your own post? I understand you are under stress but you sound like you are about to snap. You really have to deal with the fact that you married this man and you need to divorce him. Stop saying that it's long and hard and drawn out to do so. What you are going through is long and hard and drawn out. If it hurts you bad enough you will do what it takes to get out. You are upset about there being no justice: there is justice, there is just not a magic pill that will get you out.

If he is violent with you, call the police and have him arrested. Then file for a protective order. He will be banned from the home. Otherwise, file a divorce and ask for the exclusive use of the marital home. If he truly has no money, he won't even be able to hire a lawyer to fight you. Do what you have to do.

Good luck.

nikkij86 said:
My husband has done many bad things for grounds for divorce,and I have stayed for way too long!Now that I want out, he won't leave!I work but he doesn't.He watches our 3 year old son.He hasn't had a job since at least Fall of 2008, and he hasn't had a steady job since at least January 2008.So, I've paid the bills and supported us.Now, we rent a house, and stupidly I let him sign the lease with me!Is there any way I can force him out?!I am in DESPERATE need of an answer!

You weren't stupid to allow him to sign the lease.

You are married.

Thus, whatever one does, the other does, too.

As long as you're married, you're joined at the hip.

The mistake was in dating this dud, marrying him, and having a child with him.

I feel for your precious baby having a dud like that for a father.

At least your son has a good mother, you!!!

File for divorce and do everything the way Proserpina told you. She's right as rain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back