Here we go again....

Status
Not open for further replies.

advice_plz

I'll "try" to be brief. I am Physical CP, father is NCP, we went through the court system and established paternity, we agreed on joint custody and child support was set. He is currently in the Military and has married and has 2step children. He and I do not get along, but I get along well with his wife and usually talk to her for visitation information. He was given every other wknd, and usually cancelled at least one a month as he was to do that visit in her home town due to distance . Other times he asked if I would meet him halfway (2hrs) which I am not obligated to do in the court order, and so she can have a consistent relationship with him, I have compromised. He was sent to training in GA and had to miss his visit on May 18 as he would be gone, he came home last wknd - which WAS his wknd to have her but did not want her to come. He wanted to spend the time with his wife and her children. So it has now been 5 wks since he's seen her.

ok... finally to the question (sorry)... As hurtful to me as it was that he didn't want to see her when he was in, I receive an email from him today, saying that he will be getting out of the military in 6 months and will be going back to school and will be taking me back to court to lower his child support, since only his wife will be working. Then he proceeds to tell me they will probably move to Illinois and with that distance it would probably be better for our child if he just signs his rights away so I can find her a father full time to adopt her... (I'm not dating anyone)... and when I expressed (vividly) my displeasure with his proposal he then said it would come down to I either agreed to that or he would take me to court for full custody of our daughter. (of which he has NO grounds) I have been overly accomodating with working with him on the visits WHEN he wants them...

What are his chances of getting his support reduced and with the custody threat?

Q: What are his chances of getting his support reduced and with the custody threat?

A: About 50-50, more or less.

Well, he's changed his mind again, according to his wife. He is back to wanting to sign his rights away-"as he feels it's in our daughter's best interest". Then I can have whom ever I'm dating to adopt her (big problem, I'm not dating anyone). I am fairly sure if he went to court with this, he would not be allowed to just "sign his rights away", even if I agreed, especially since I'm not married with someone waiting to adopt her. And he will continue to have to pay child support. Am I correct on this? And if he then leaves the military to go to school, and let his wife support him, in order to avoid paying the support... will they lower the support amount?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back