Her "rules" if he wants to see his son.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jblaur

Hello everyone and thanks in advance for reading this!

This situation is a lot more complicated than I can even begin to type so I will try to keep it brief and to the point!

I've been with my now fiance for almost two years (we just recently got engaged) and he has a son who in a few months with be 3 years old. I've known the little guy since he was pretty much 7 months old.
My fiance's ex-wife is a nightmare and does not have to be. I understood in the beginning that things were hard for her but it has been 2 years and my fiance and I now also have a son that will soon be a year old. The only thing I want in life is for him to know his brother. Now that we are back in the area there was an agreement that my fiance would have his oldest son every Friday for the whole day. Friday April 4th we were all in the car to pick up him up (Myself, our son and my fiance.) When his ex came out and seen us she refused to let his son go with his dad. She said that they had agreed a long time ago that there were supposed to be no third parties during pick up or drop off. Which in reality ALWAYS meant no ME. But still she just kept saying there was supposed to be no one else. I'm sorry but he has another child now that he is responsible for and sometimes he will be there. The poor kid was grabbing for his dad and she just walked away and they have been fighting back and fourth for the past few days. My fiance HAS contacted a lawyer and will be meeting with him next week Tuesday or Thursday. When he and his ex spoke a few days ago she said fine anyone can be in the car except "her".
Mind you I've never been in trouble for anything. No jail, no drugs, not even a speeding ticket. I haven't done a thing to the woman except take her crap for the past two years.
When we lived away and had our own apartment in Delaware, he came and stayed with us. Why can he be in my home and in our care but I can't be in the car to pick him up or drop him off?
It is an unlikely event I would be there anyway but the summer is coming up and we have a lot of plans for the boys to have fun together. For my son's birthday we are supposed to all go to an amusement park and there is no sense in driving me all the way to our home then all the way back to his house to drop him off just so she doesn't have to see me.

My question is does she have a leg to stand on when we go to court (Because that seems the only resolution to my fiance getting his son) And if she does now because we are not married, when we are married, don't I have the right to be anywhere with my step-son whenever I please?
We'd be happy to move the wedding to tomorrow if it meant our family moving on with or without her.

To me the court should not even be willing to except jealousy as a defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back