Hepatitis B, C, and HIV Scare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasper888

I received a letter from the local Health Department a couple of days ago saying that because I had some bloodwork done at a local doctor I may have been infected w/Hep B, C, or HIV. The letter went on to say how we needed to be tested quickly at one of the local clinics. Upon arrival at the clinic they made me hand over the original letter (they would not take a copy, however they made me a copy to keep) saying that the letters have to go back to the Health Department. They also informed me that although my results will be in tomorrow and normally I could call to get those results that in this case the results will be forwarded to the H.D. and that I will have to wait for them to let me know via letter saying that this could take a couple of weeks. So meanwhile I have to sit and worry about whether not only I may have been infected w/any of these but also my child that I was carrying when this took place. What are my rights if any? Any input would be appreciated. Thank you.

What rights do you think you may have? Nothing has been violated here. It is possible you may have a false positive. you can also get a quick 5 minute HIV test as well. Go to your DR, or the county and ask for the rapid test if you do not want to wait. You'll have to wait for the HEP test to come back but there is a rapid test for HIV.

Have you been exposed to any of these diseases? Who is the father of the child. have you been talking to him about these test results? At this point I would try not to panic. I do wish you luck and let us know how this all turns out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back