Help!!!

R

Robin Murphy

Jurisdiction
Kentucky
My daughter had my grandson 3 months ago, but ever since the 1st day he came home, which by the way at my house, they both live with me, but from day 1 she hasn't taken care of him, her nor the father. My daughter isn't married to the father, and they both leave my grandson with me every single day. They don't feed him or provide food, they don't take care of him period!! Neither one of them have a job, and just today my daughter moved out and left her son here with me. My grandbaby is allergic to cigarette smoke, and she smokes around him. The house she moved into are with drug users and dealers, it's a very unsafe environment. They do illegal activities everyday. Like I said, she left him here at my house and told me to keep him until she gets herself together, that it may take a year or so. my daughter and the father both smoke weed, and I have proof on a text that my daughter has taken nerve pills, and she told me she's bought hydrocodone from a friend before. Please, I'm desperate to protect my grandson, I just want them to be good parents and get their lives together, is there anything I can do??

There is nothing you can do to help someone who wishes to abuse drugs, avoid gainful employment, or otherwise screw up his or her life.

As for the baby, you can and should contact child services:
Read this first:
http://chfs.ky.gov/nr/rdonlyres/098...8cdd433f8c9/0/childabuseandneglectbooklet.pdf
Read this, and contact someone, ASAP:
Kentucky: Cabinet for Health and Family Services - Overview
In Kentucky if you believe a child is being abused and/or neglected
Please call the protection and permanency office in your county or

Toll Free Child Protection Hot Line.

Child Protection Hot Line: 1-877-597-2331 (Toll Free)

Report what is happening, ask if you can receive emergency custody of the child.

If you can't become a full time caregiver for a baby at your age, or of your health won't allow you to do that, let the state take the child.

What you should not, must not do is NOTHING.

That baby and you need help.

God bless you, dear lady, and please let us know what happened.

Back