Help! Young mom seeking advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

K2004

I'm 17 years old,and have a 20 month old daughter. Her father and I were together for 2 1/2 years, when he decided to walk out 7 months ago. He's seen her 3 times since then,and has had no part in her life. 2 weeks after he left, he had a new girlfriend who is a sophomore in high school, when both he and myself have already graduated. I had major surgery in February due to a chronic illness,but have managed to raise her (with tremendous support from my family) and finish high school.He's seen her twice this year...once to bring over Christmas presents a month late, and another time to drop off an Easter basket.Both times he stayed for no longer than 15 minutes.
About 2 weeks after i got home from my surgery, he called and asked to see her. Since she has no idea who he is and does not know him at all, i said no. My mom called and explained to him my situation, with surgery and everything and agree it wasn't the time to sort things out,and when the time was right,i would let him know. Well, I e-mailed him to let him know what was going on, and how she was doing and sometime in the future i would call & let him know when he could see her. Well, apparently he has a new little sophomore girlfriend, and she e-mails me back to say as his future fiance, she has the right to get involved, and says he dosen't to hear about my little "butt sugeries" (doctors removed my colon) and that i'm just making it hard for the both of us. I haven't talked or e-mailed him since. Only my mom did to say how dissappointed and disgusted she was with him.He was like a son to my parents and an older brother to my sibilings,and my first real love...and it's devasted our family how he just up and left after all we've done for him.
Now i want him to sign over parental right. I don't care about child support... just as long as he's out of our lives. I don't want anything from him, especially if that will give him the right to see her. Any suggestions on where to go from here? I have everything documented...from the 2 visits,and the e-mails, and every phone call. I just want to make sure he dosen't show up one of these days and bring in a big court battle. I absolutly do not want him to have any visitation rights.

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated! Sorry so long, just wanted to get as much info as possible out there.

"What dosen't kill me makes me stronger"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back