Help writing time release copyright

Status
Not open for further replies.

sqrnegone

Jurisdiction
Arizona
Last thread was closed because my i.p. is in Norway? I don't know what it has to do with my question because my goal is to have something functional in the states if not world wide, but if it helps I can limit my question to copyright laws in Arizona where I am from. I'll figure out copyright differences in Norway if the project is released here.

I'm working on a software project and I'd like to have something very similar to the GPL where the copyright must be included in further project, but I'd like to have to rules of the copyright change as time passes.

I'd like for the first 3 years to only be restricted under FreeBSD then shift to GPLv3 for the next 20 years then public domain.

I don't know much about copyrights other than the effects they have had on my life as a programmer. I don't even think I've ever bothered to read more than the first few lines of the GPL, but I love it with all my heart just the same. Is it enough to just copy and paste the two of them together and say something short at the top? I really have no clue where to start, but I'll warn you now that I'm not willing to put a lot of work into this.

If I have to read everything and manually change wording, then I'm just going to give up so just tell me now. Thanks guys!

Last thread was closed because my i.p. is in Norway? I don't know what it has to do with my question because my goal is to have something functional in the states if not world wide, but if it helps I can limit my question to copyright laws in Arizona where I am from. I'll figure out copyright differences in Norway if the project is released here.

I'm working on a software project and I'd like to have something very similar to the GPL where the copyright must be included in further project, but I'd like to have to rules of the copyright change as time passes.

I'd like for the first 3 years to only be restricted under FreeBSD then shift to GPLv3 for the next 20 years then public domain.

I don't know much about copyrights other than the effects they have had on my life as a programmer. I don't even think I've ever bothered to read more than the first few lines of the GPL, but I love it with all my heart just the same. Is it enough to just copy and paste the two of them together and say something short at the top? I really have no clue where to start, but I'll warn you now that I'm not willing to put a lot of work into this.

If I have to read everything and manually change wording, then I'm just going to give up so just tell me now. Thanks guys!

Frankly, I don't care what you have to read, or how much work you must do.
You can HIRE a lawyer, wing it yourself, or ignore it.
You're paying NOTHING here, and we don't dispense FREE legal advice, anymore than you program for free.
We don't dispense paid legal advice, either.
We discuss MINOR legal matters, or insignificant legal issues.
Yours is far too complex for this site's bandwidth and/or purpose.
You need to hire a copyright, trademark, or patent lawyer to assist and direct you.
Don't open another thread asking the same, or similar question.

By the way, you don't get to decide what legal matters we choose to discuss.
Behave yourself, be polite, or leave.
Thread closed....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back