Help with unjustified absconding revocation

Waybon2020

Jurisdiction
Texas
I am in great need of help for my fiance! He was recently arrested on a blue warrant for absconding. The warrant was issued less than a week after the offices that he reported to were shut down due to the covid-19 outbreak. He went to the offices and found them closed & immediately contacted his parole officer. She told him that she would contact him with further instructions. When she contacted him it was through text and she told him not to come in and she would give him even further instruction on reporting. He heard nothing...so he called again and left several messages with no response. He also contacted the office with no help there either. There is absolutely no way that the procedures and protocols required by law were followed! The parole office never tried to make contact and investigate if my fiance absconded and she failed to make a home visit throughout the entire time he was under supervision. I have since found out that he should have been receiving email alerts and texts with reminders for reporting appointments and instructions on reporting during the pandemic. He didn't get any of these messages! My point is how the heck did a blue warrant get approved by the board if the documentation and investigation never happened? Furthermore how was he absconding if the he was actively trying to make contact with his parole officer...all during the covid-19 outbreak? I'm stumped as to where to go and what to do to help him!!!

I am in great need of help for my fiance! He was recently arrested on a blue warrant for absconding. The warrant was issued less than a week after the offices that he reported to were shut down due to the covid-19 outbreak. He went to the offices and found them closed & immediately contacted his parole officer. She told him that she would contact him with further instructions. When she contacted him it was through text and she told him not to come in and she would give him even further instruction on reporting. He heard nothing...so he called again and left several messages with no response. He also contacted the office with no help there either. There is absolutely no way that the procedures and protocols required by law were followed! The parole office never tried to make contact and investigate if my fiance absconded and she failed to make a home visit throughout the entire time he was under supervision. I have since found out that he should have been receiving email alerts and texts with reminders for reporting appointments and instructions on reporting during the pandemic. He didn't get any of these messages! My point is how the heck did a blue warrant get approved by the board if the documentation and investigation never happened? Furthermore how was he absconding if the he was actively trying to make contact with his parole officer...all during the covid-19 outbreak? I'm stumped as to where to go and what to do to help him!!!
You can assist him with the cost of an attorney if he doesn't have one. Other than that there is nothing you can do.

All of your questions are obviously rhetorical, as they cannot be answered by strangers on the internet. Your last sentence is not a question, but does seem to indicate what you desire from this forum. My advice to you is that you help him by hiring an attorney.

All of your questions are obviously rhetorical, as they cannot be answered by strangers on the internet. Your last sentence is not a question, but does seem to indicate what you desire from this forum. My advice to you is that you help him by hiring an attorney.
I understand what you are saying. I am just feeling very overwhelmed and needing an outside perspective. I don't have the money to hire an attorney. Guess I'm asking for suggestions on how best to proceed without the ability to pay or legal council.

I understand what you are saying. I am just feeling very overwhelmed and needing an outside perspective. I don't have the money to hire an attorney. Guess I'm asking for suggestions on how best to proceed without the ability to pay or legal council.
"proceed" with what? You are not an attorney and there is nothing you can "proceed" with. Your BF will be appointed counsel if he can't afford to hire a private attorney.

I suppose I'm hoping that by getting my problem out, I might find someone who has a similar issue. I'm alone in this fight and trying my best to find answers and solutions.
You might want to try prisontalk.com. There are people there that have had the same issues. Just take any legal guidance with a grain of salt.

I suppose I'm hoping that by getting my problem out, I might find someone who has a similar issue. I'm alone in this fight and trying my best to find answers and solutions.

You're spinning your wheels.

The ONLY course of action for him is to turn himself in, ask for his hearing, and post bond if available. He should do it now so he can prepare for spending some time in jail instead of waiting and getting picked up when it's not convenient.

The ONLY course of action for him is to turn himself in, ask for his hearing, and post bond if available. He should do it now so he can prepare for spending some time in jail instead of waiting and getting picked up when it's not convenient.

Too late:

He was recently arrested on a blue warrant for absconding.

Unfortunately he's already been arrested on the warrant and with blue warrants they don't usually allow bond to be posted. A judge can over rule this hold but it's a long shot

The warrant was most likely issued because he had not checked in as required, despite his effort.

If his PO was involved and gave him instructions that can mitigate this then that will come out later. He will just have to work through the process.

His status as a parolee may make things seem unfair, but that is something he has to accept until he is fully released.

I am in great need of help for my fiance!

Good for you.

Now all you need do, if you want to help him is ore a lawyer to assist him with his defense.

Your understanding of just how and when "Blue Warrants" issue in Texas is flawed.

A parolee can be put back in the slammer for almost any reason the parole agent wants to use.

I regularly check the county jails around my to see who is arrested and why.

I have seen a uptick in people being arrested under a Blue Warrant over the past 4-6 months.

I'm told that the state released many convicts thinking people would straighten up and fly right.

Sadly many of those people given an early parole appear to be messing up and flying left.

Back