1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

help with my children

Discussion in 'Adoption' started by panagiotis352, Feb 7, 2016.

1. panagiotis352

panagiotis352 Law Topic Starter Guest

Jurisdiction:
    Florida
    Yes my children were taken from me about 10yrs ago and adopted out. Being a single father at the time I felt like I had no rights. Well the foster father whom adopted the children just got arrested for video taping and molesting my children. I have tried calling the police department and went to dcf And nobody will return my calls. Please help on what I may do to help my chilren.

2. shrinkmaster

shrinkmaster Well-Known Member

If your children were adopted they are no longer yours. You have no more rights to them than I do. You may file a complaint with Police and Family services but they have no obligation to give you info on progress of investigation or outcome.

3. Betty3

Betty3 Super Moderator

If the children were actually adopted, then you have no rights in regard to them. However; if you know they are being abused/molested, the only thing you can do is inform the police and the DCF.