Help with grandparents

Brian0810

Jurisdiction
Alabama
I need help me my girlfriend are having baby baby but she lives with her parents even thou she is 22 she already as a son her parents told her if she is with me they will take her son from her can they do that if I have my kids and never been in any kind of trouble

can they do that if I have my kids and never been in any kind of trouble

No one is able to tell you what another person can or can't do.

Legally she can't do it.

Murder is illegal, and the illegality of murder doesn't seem to stop certain people from KILLING others, does it?

Child molestation is illegal, yet kids get sexually molested everyday.

In any future posts, please make an effort to use something that resembles proper capitalization and punctuation. Doing so will make it easier for others to read and understand what you write.

her parents told her if she is with me they will take her son from her can they do that

We have no way of knowing what abilities these people have. If you're asking whether they have some sort of legal right to "take [their adult daughter's] son from her" just because they don't like whom she chooses as a boyfriend, of course they don't have such a right. That would be absurd. Of course, a 22 who has gotten knocked up twice out of wedlock by two different guys and who still lives with her parents obviously doesn't have much of a sense of responsibility or self-control, so it's not beyond the realm of possibility that her parents could convince local child protective services to intervene and take action.

if I have my kids and never been in any kind of trouble

I'm not really sure what this means. However, in the eyes of the law, this child will not be yours until and unless your paternity is established. You might want to seek a consultation with a local attorney to discuss your options.

Certainly her parents can try to take her son. Whether or not they would be successful or not is anybody's guess based on this little bit of information. And it isn't necessary to give us more information. Some people go to court and lie very convincingly and successfully. My guess would be that if they follow through and take her to court(you would not be a party to the matter.) they would most likely have a lawyer and she would not. SO she might want to try real hard to make up with her parents and avoid the whole thing. Of course they could be totally bluffing. People make such threats all the time and never follow through.

In order to take her child/ren the Grandparents would need to show abuse/neglect etc and if Mom reside sin the home its unlikely they would be given child/ren since they are present for the allege abuse. They can however evict your GF from their home and thus make child/ren homeless

I need help me my girlfriend are having baby baby but she lives with her parents even thou she is 22 she already as a son her parents told her if she is with me they will take her son from her can they do that if I have my kids and never been in any kind of trouble

Why doesn't she move out - or move in with you?

Her parents could try to get her son but they'd have to have some pretty good evidence of her being a neglectful parent to do so. Anyone can try to file for custody doesn't mean they will get it.

She needs to come up with a plan to get out of her parents' house. She's an adult.

As others have said, they would need to go through the court to take custody of the child. Whether they would follow through, and whether they have good reason to expect to prevail, we can't know.

They do not, however, have to continue to house and support her and may condition any future support however they choose. If they decide that means you aren't in the picture, then your gf has to decide what is more important to her.

Back